DoomRL > Requests For Features

Just some requests

(1/1)

Almafeta:
I was invited to post them here, so:

*Challenge:  Stupid (start with no traits, don't gain new traits as you level up).
*Command:  Use 'w' for Wear/Wield.
*Feature:  Silhouetted.  +10 to be hit when your back's against a wall.  Counts for monsters as well as humans...
*Healing:  You would heal 1 HP every 10 steps for 50 steps after you got hit.  This could be improved by a trait (Fast Healer, heal 10% faster per level).
*Monster:  Zombies.  Weaker than former human soldiers, but they're not generated one at a time, they're generated in packs of 2d6...
*Monster:  Zombie dogs.  No melee, but they're at least twice as fast as you are.
*Trait:  Lucky.  Attacks deal 5% more critical hits per level.
*Weapon:  Autoshotgun
*Request:  Nods to the games Fallout (gauss pistols?), Quake (lightning guns), or Gamma World (death ray pistols, don't work on the undead).

jake250:
Quoting: AlmafetaChallenge: Stupid (start with no traits, don't gain new traits as you level up).
Well it could be in but I dont know if it would be "fun".
Quoting: AlmafetaCommand: Use 'w' for Wear/Wield.
It would be nice, indeed.
Quoting: AlmafetaFeature: Silhouetted. +10 to be hit when your back's against a wall. Counts for monsters as well as humans...
Why?
Quoting: AlmafetaHealing: You would heal 1 HP every 10 steps for 50 steps after you got hit.
No, would force people to remove the fast action, and you could just walk in a circle a lot of time to regenerate.
Quoting: AlmafetaMonster: Zombies. Weaker than former human soldiers, but they're not generated one at a time, they're generated in packs of 2d6...
Im not going to disagree with that, lot of weak ennemies to beat down.. its always fun imo. And its still Doom (there are zombies in Doom 3 after all..)
Quoting: AlmafetaMonster: Zombie dogs. No melee, but they're at least twice as fast as you are
uh? The pinky are already zombie dog to me.
Quoting: AlmafetaTrait: Lucky. Attacks deal 5% more critical hits per level.
Im not sure..
Quoting: AlmafetaWeapon: Autoshotgun
Me want this! But it needs to be balanced.
Quoting: AlmafetaRequest: Nods to the games Fallout (gauss pistols?), Quake (lightning guns), or Gamma World (death ray pistols, don't work on the undead).
Please NEVER include weapon that have no link to any doom at all. Im not the one who decide everything on that, sure, but I realy don't want any weapons coming from other game.

Malek Deneith:
Quoting: Almafeta*Command: Use 'w' for Wear/Wield.
Meh ... you don't "wear" things too often and you have shortcuts to "wield" a weapon ... useless
Quoting: Almafeta*Healing: You would heal 1 HP every 10 steps for 50 steps after you got hit. This could be improved by a trait (Fast Healer, heal 10% faster per level).
As far as I know there was such healing in early version of DoomRL ... and was dropped quite fast
Quoting: Almafeta*Monster: Zombies. Weaker than former human soldiers, but they're not generated one at a time, they're generated in packs of 2d6...
*Monster: Zombie dogs. No melee, but they're at least twice as fast as you are.
No ... just no ... this is ... unDoomish
Quoting: Almafeta*Trait: Lucky. Attacks deal 5% more critical hits per level.
There are no criticals in DoomRL I think ...
Quoting: Almafeta*Weapon: Autoshotgun
Was at some point of the game IIRC and was replaced by Combat Shotgun
Quoting: Almafeta*Request: Nods to the games Fallout (gauss pistols?), Quake (lightning guns), or Gamma World (death ray pistols, don't work on the undead).
Same thing as zombies - doesn't fit Doom

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: AlmafetaI was invited to post them here, so:
Welcome :-).

Quoting: Almafeta*Command: Use 'w' for Wear/Wield.
Change your ini-file :-).

Quoting: Almafeta*Feature: Silhouetted. +10 to be hit when your back's against a wall. Counts for monsters as well as humans...
This doesn't seem obvious to me.

Quoting: Almafeta*Healing: You would heal 1 HP every 10 steps for 50 steps after you got hit. This could be improved by a trait (Fast Healer, heal 10% faster per level).
Believe me -- not a good idea. Most of the fast pace of DoomRL comes from the fact that there is no natural healing.

Quoting: Almafeta*Monster: Zombies. Weaker than former human soldiers, but they're not generated one at a time, they're generated in packs of 2d6...
*Monster: Zombie dogs. No melee, but they're at least twice as fast as you are.

Undoomish :-(

Quoting: Almafeta*Request: Nods to the games Fallout (gauss pistols?), Quake (lightning guns), or Gamma World (death ray pistols, don't work on the undead).
Out of those only Lightning gun could make it to the game -- other's are definitively undoomish. Also the current philosophy is that each weapon should be a) always useful b) different.

Quoting: Almafeta*Challenge: Stupid (start with no traits, don't gain new traits as you level up).
Nice :-).

JimmyJ:
I suppose some of these would be nice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version