Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 13:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Arch-Vile's resurrection [NOT A BUG]  (Read 2864 times)

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Arch-Vile's resurrection [NOT A BUG]
« on: November 29, 2006, 17:17 »

I noticed something strange about the resurrection ability of our beloved Arch-Vile. It doesn't really resurrect but instead spawns a new enemy of the same type as the corpse, including their standard equipment. In my last game this lead to a huge pile of weapons/ammo from all the monsters I killed and eventually this might lead to a crash (dunno what happens if all map tiles are full).
Maybe you could change resurrection so it spwan enemies with empty inventories?

Edit: spelling :p
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 13:10 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Arch-Vile's resurrection
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 17:48 »

That would be way too easy in case of former human types :-P. As for a crash, don't worry -- now both item spawning and monster spawning are checked against a limit :).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Arch-Vile's resurrection
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 02:07 »

That would be way too easy in case of former human types :-P.
Well, they would appear on the tile with their corpse (ar close to it) and then pick up their stuff ;)

That effect was annoying because all the items hid the stairs down and 'look' only showed the items, so I had to walk around and find the stairs by pressing '>'. D:
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."
Pages: [1]