Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More acid please! Discussion about Acid Spitter  (Read 2252 times)

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
More acid please! Discussion about Acid Spitter
« on: May 04, 2011, 09:12 »

OK, here's maybe strange request, but it's request about making the Acid spitter, the cool gun, more useful, as I found it in the Vaults and it was totally useless till the end of the game:
two basic ideas;
1) as there is totally no acid about 20 lev (I didn't find any), nor acid barrels, only lava - after finding it all lava becomes acid, or make it liquid spitter, and possible lava as well acid.
2) allow add nano mod to this weapon
Or mabye something else you may think of to make this weapon more usable, as it's a pity to be unable to use such a fun gun... :'( Any?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:14 by zenfur »
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

grommile

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
  • mmm beer
    • View Profile
Re: More acid please! Discussion about Acid Spitter
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21 »

I agree that it's a shame how little use one is likely to get out of the Acid Spitter, but I don't think carrying it should affect the level generation algorithm, and I suspect making it have "smart" loading properties would be too much work for DoomRL 1. (A possibility to consider for DRL2, perhaps.)

That said, the occasional "acidic swamp" level in Hell might make an interesting contrast to all the lava.
0.9.9.7: 22-15-10-0-0 22/43 62/67 (P 349, D 43/67) 36/40 (B19 A12 M5) Arch-Vile CPT

Armorer Platinum and Diamond should be abolished; the Dragonslayer taboo deserves every scrap of mockery it receives.

BirdoPrey

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:07 »

Aw yeah. Acidic swamp levels populated by nothing but huge hordes of knights & barons.

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 14:19 »

Levels 18+ are supposed to generate acid barrels about 20% of the time.  That's pretty much the only way to get acid after The Vaults (also: acid levers).

So... I think the chances of being able to use the Acid Spitter if you find it in The Vaults is a bit low but not enough to make it useless.

That said, the occasional "acidic swamp" level in Hell might make an interesting contrast to all the lava.
Yes.
Pages: [1]