Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 20:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 4 turn's grace & Angel of 100  (Read 2901 times)

Omegthemad

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
4 turn's grace & Angel of 100
« on: May 08, 2011, 03:18 »

Normally at the start of a level (and when they're genned by a lever) all monsters spend 4 of their turns doing nothing, giving you a little time to react to whatever situation you've been dumped in.

This doesn't seem to be the case in the starting level of Ao100. And _only_ in the starting level; it works fine when you've possibly got enough traits to handle it when a lost soul's dropped you to half health before you got even one action, but not when you're beginning.

Yes, I've been cut down to 50% before getting my first action of the game before. It's like Doomguy's the one held still for an action or something.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: 4 turn's grace & Angel of 100
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:19 »

Funny thing is that the 4 turn grace period is actually a bug that I was too lazy to fix a long time ago :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Omegthemad

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 03:27 »

Seriously? I'd always assumed it was an important feature in not dying, hence my annoyance at it being seemingly removed from the player without this being advertised as part of Ao100. And AoH, as it turns out.

I'd probably be less annoyed if this was throwing you in the deep end on later levels, when you might conceivably have enough firepower to deal with what you've been thrown into, or maybe even a homing phase device to ka-port out of it. But being mauled by a lost soul before you can even do a thing, in the words of the Nightmare difficulty, isn't even remotely fair.

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:13 »

Lol... I thought it was a feature too.
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Omegthemad

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:19 »

My opinion that it was a feature was bolstered earlier today when, during an ultimately failed AoMr HMP run, I found myself in close proximity to at least 4 napalm barrels, with two sergeants and a captain in the vicinity. If the sergeants hadn't had any delay to their action, I'd have died right there and then short of a phase device, at which I would have cried foul.

BirdoPrey

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 07:39 »

Here's another person who thought the grace period was a feature, not a bug. If it was 'fixed' and I started getting unavoidably instakilled when dropped onto a floor I would be... unhappy.

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 14:46 »

I've posted almost exactly this thread at least twice and only now does everyone comment on it...
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]
Pages: [1]