Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Assembly Mod Slots  (Read 4476 times)

GrimmC

Assembly Mod Slots
« on: May 09, 2011, 21:06 »

Do assemblies still count has having x amount of mod slots taken up, or can you proceed to throw more on there?

I'm wondering because my Tactical Armor won't let me throw a power mod on it, and I'm not sure if it's specifically blocked out from further mods or if its mod slots are all considered used up.

Hoping for an answer before this game is up. :-)

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
  • I think I need a new favorite gun now...
    • View Profile
Re: Assembly Mod Slots
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 21:08 »

Assemblies cannot be further modified, even if there are slots left.
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

Battleguy

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 21:12 »

Except sometimes when the moon is in the right phase.

GrimmC

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 22:39 »

Does it warp you to a different section of Sosaria when it is?

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:38 »

Do assemblies still count has having x amount of mod slots taken up, or can you proceed to throw more on there?

I'm wondering because my Tactical Armor won't let me throw a power mod on it, and I'm not sure if it's specifically blocked out from further mods or if its mod slots are all considered used up.
Under normal circumstances, assemblies are unmoddable. This is essentially a way to properly balance them, since a lot of assemblies are similar to exotics: while you are allowed to "create exotics", you are limited in the modding department, so in many cases, the assembled counterparts are equal to unmodded exotics, the latter of which can surpass the former once mods are gained.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

grommile

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
  • mmm beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 14:45 »

Does that apply to non-basic assemblies?

I am suddenly thinking "firestorm modded hyperblaster".
0.9.9.7: 22-15-10-0-0 22/43 62/67 (P 349, D 43/67) 36/40 (B19 A12 M5) Arch-Vile CPT

Armorer Platinum and Diamond should be abolished; the Dragonslayer taboo deserves every scrap of mockery it receives.

Aoi

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 02:32 »

Another question about how mods are handled: the wiki mentions being able to craft Nanofiber Skin Cybernetic Armor. However, when I actually try to assemble it, I first get the prompt about turning it into Nanofiber Armor, which I reject, then a line about how it can't take another one of those mods despite having two ranks of Whizkid.

It seems like there's some interesting behavior when putting mods on before having both levels of Whizkid-- I DID put the first mod on before getting Whizkid(2)... Did I break something in the process, am I supposed to turn it into Nanofiber first, or has it been changed so that Cybernetic can't be given Nanofiber Skin?

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 03:36 »

To my knowledge, Cybernetic is still able to be made into nanofiber skin. I think that in order to make it, you have to use the mods in a PNP or NPP order, as armour can't normally take two power mods.
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 05:37 »

Assembly recipes are more than just which mods to slap on -- sone of the more complex ones have an innate order that must be followed to circumvent the usual interpretation of a non-assembly producing mod attempt.

I think that the Wiki should be updated to show which orders of slapping on the mods are valid to avoid the pain that some folks might be having.

Hint: The order in which the mods are added do have an impact on the stats of the final assembly.
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: [1]