Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 14:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.3] Armor sets triggering oddly  (Read 2140 times)

Aoi

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.3] Armor sets triggering oddly
« on: May 16, 2011, 17:37 »

Short version: Set bonuses for Gothic and Phaseshift appear to be behaving oddly. No intentional unusual behavior, prevents further gameplay, occurred on L83 of Ao100.

-----

I picked up a set of Gothic and Phaseshift equipment.

As I recall from previous versions, putting on set equipment would instantly [or close enough] trigger their set bonuses. This time, I blew out a bridge over a lava river and decided to phaseshift back over it... and never levitated. Ran around a bit, nothing happened. Okay, well, since my boots were modded, maybe I accidentally destroyed the levitation mechanism or my mods were too heavy. *walks over lava*

Then, I ended up against three arch-viles and a Revenant due to sloppy BFG9k firing, so I decided to go fortress-mode. Nope, that didn't trigger either so back to popping medkits.

A few floors later, I notice I find an extra power mod and decide to upgrade one of the spare red armors I've been hauling around for a while. I swap it with my Gothic and..."You feel like a fortress!" And no amount of further armor swapping will get rid of that. Just to be sure, I even dumped all my stuff on the ground. *sighs at L83*

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.3] Armor sets triggering oddly
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 19:11 »

The save game bug described here could be responsible for armor sets not triggering (assuming you saved your game after finding some of the set items).

As for getting stuck in fortress mode, it could be caused by the same bug, although I'm not quite sure how it happened in your case.  Could be a different bug too.

Ablogqwer

Re: [0.9.9.3] Armor sets triggering oddly
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 00:30 »

Confirming this bug, but slightly differently:

I can't get the abilities from sets to ever stop.

Modded versions of armor sets will not grant the abilities if only one of them is modded; they have to be both modded. Further, getting the set ability to trigger requires removing/equipping the armor involved. The triggers also never deactivate. Once you get them turned on they never turn off (hilarious glitchyness involving turning into an immobile levitating monolith with guns). I am currently running around with the phaseshift effect while wearing gothic armor (and phaseshift boots, of course).

It may involve saving (having saved a few times).
Pages: [1]