Chaosforge Forum

• April 23, 2024, 06:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.3] Multiple special levers on one level.  (Read 1626 times)

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.3] Multiple special levers on one level.
« on: May 16, 2011, 23:51 »

At first, I thought it some odd glitch - the 'Jericho' message got printed twice upon starting blind jump #5 into UV Ao100.

Then, after pulling one lever and clearing the level, I went to pull the other one, got the same message, and stopped to think.

'Huh. Is this a bug or a feature?' No screenshots or proof, sadly, but it should be verifiable enough.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

MaiZure

• Marketing/PR Ops Lead
  • Greater Elder
  • Major General
  • Retired 1-Star General (.993)
    • View Profile
    • Project repository
Re: [0.9.9.3] Multiple special levers on one level.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 23:58 »

I'd say it's probably more of a 'consequence' of implementation rather than a bug or a feature. Doesn't do much for gameplay one way or the other.
Hell Knight 1st Lt. (.997)
[22/13/9/2/0]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.3] Multiple special levers on one level.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 03:35 »

This is a hard call. I would say that it's possible to have two levers that lower the walls, or flood the floor. (Maybe one with acid, the other with lava: take your pick!) That feels 'Doomish' and I have no problem with that.

Given that, I would say that the player SHOULD be notified of both levers, even if they're the same. Thus, I would call this a non-bug. I will leave this open for discussion and query the Godhand before closing.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: [1]