Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: RP Ideas  (Read 2993 times)

Kabrinski

• Private FC
  • A terran marine...
    • View Profile
RP Ideas
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:31 »

I'm right now working on a little RP Idead I had for an anime called Record of Lodoss War. But the problem is, I don't think the ideas I have will work. Here's a narritive I wrote:

The world is changing-Krynn is now on the brink. The once Accursed Continent of Lodoss is once again the source of the shadow. A savage plague is spreading...consuming all in its wake. Twisted mosntrosites roam the landscape, terrizing all. Gates to other worlds, other planes of exsistance are opening.

A new war is brewing, but this one is not for freedom, justice, or over religous purposes. No, this is a battle for survival...a war that will test even the most battle hardened warrior or the strongest of the Protectors of Lodoss. Warriors both old and new, wether a simple swordsman, to the travelers from the other realms, must unite or fall under this unrelenting shadow, for it seeks to consume both the most innocent of peoples, and the blackest of hearts. However, the aid I must send must come from the most unlikely of sources...a source that must not be trusted, but will show its true colors in the end.
----
The metal door slid open with a metallic hiss, and a man in iron chains stepped into a huge, circular camber that contained all manner of robotic arms. The room had little support beyond a raised dais and a large catwalk leading to it. A pair of foot shaped objects lie in the middle of the dais. As the man walked into the light, it was apparent that he was no ordinary person; his features were heavily muscled, scarred, and displayed an number of tattoos all across his body. Across his right bicep was the word, written in olde English script:Retribution. On his left hand across his hand was the word Pain, in black ink. His right hand was the word Rage. Along his back was Omega. His eyes were a hard, steely grey.

He was prisoner #233880, his name was Jake Kabrinski. Sole survivor of Marine Sqaudron Number 4358203, aka The Angels of Vengance. He had been charged with robbery, piracy, murder, and treason. He had rebelled against his commanders when they had sent him and his men in to do a dirty job. They had been ordered to murder innocent civillans, but Jake had refused, and had turned his weapon on his commander. After nearly 12 years on the run, the athorities had caught up with him finally during a vicious standoff. Jake had been sentanced to Cyrogensis for life, but for some reason or another, someone had elected to 'burn' him. They had bought his freedom, but it had come at a price.

"Step forward." Came a woman's cold voice. She was just lurking out of veiw, just in the shadows. Jake complied, unconcerned with the fact he couldn't see the speaker. He had dealt with types like that before: shadowy types who didn't like to be seen, but loved to hear themselves talk. "You are prisoner number 233880, also known as Jake Kabrinski. You were a part of a marine sqaudron called the Angels of Vengance. Correct?" Her voice had the tone of one who expected an answer right away. He paused a few moments before answering. "Yeah...I am," He sneered, an ugly scowl painting its way across his face, "Who wants to know?"

A cold, yet mocking laugh echoed through out the room. "I do not think I like your tone Jake...not in the least." A lithe, yet plain fugure in a black cloak, the cowl pulled low over her face to hide who she was, obviously someone didn't wanna be seen. 'Give me a break.' Jake though irritably as he idily flexed his fingers. "I wish for you to understand why I have brought you here. War is coming my friend," She guestured with one outstreatche, gloved hand towards the two foot pedals. The base for a battlearmor. Great. Still, she did free me so I guess I can do what she wants.

His walking efforts hobbled by the chains, he staggered forward. Finally coming over to the boot bases, he paused a moment as the woman with a guesture broke the irons that contained him. "Don these." She tossed him a pair of brown pants and a black tunic. Taking off the prison pants and dressing himself, he the stepped into the boots. "You see Mr. Kabrinski, I have bought your freedom, but even freedom has its price. You will have no cell...for you shall carry it wher eever you go; your armor shall be your prison." She watched as the mechanical arms worked over his body, placing the support frame and then the armor parts. The oversized shoulders of his suit were palced, as mechanical welders sealed the edges on his armor. As one of his golves was donned, he flexed his fingers and twisted his wrist.

As his helmet came down, its orange polyurathane visor shineing in the harsh light, a pair of arms slid the power cores of the suit, and activated it. "War is coming..." The woman said agian, walking around him, watching as one of the arms passed Jake his rife, a high-powerd auto-gauss. He brought it up in both hands, and his visor came up. "It is coming, Jake, with all of its glory." She said, rasing her arms towards the sky, as if gesturing to the heavens, "And all of its horrors." She looked at him, and finally pulled back her hood. Jake stared open-mouthed at her features: Sharp, angular, and her skin the color of polished obsidian. Her hair was bone-white, and her ears ended in delicate points. "I am Pirotess, and I have granted your freedom, which awaits you now. My husband did not approve of me using you, but when a priest came to me and informed me of your value to us, I decided that I was willing to take a risk on you."

The door opened, and instead of leading out into the main corridor, it lead into what looked like some sort of courtyard walled in stone. Deploying his bayonet with a loud click-hiss, he smlied.

"Hell...It's about damned time." The visor snapped shut as he marched out into the open sunshine for the first time in twelve years, the strange...creature following him. A group of men and women, some like his companion, while others were light-skinned. A man in black plate armor looked at him like he was the scum of the earth. "So...you're the criminal my wife has brought to us." He looked at the woman, a sad look playing along his face. "Do you still think he can pbey and fight for us?" When she nodded, he turned back to Jake.

"This is your first, last, and only chance Kabrinski. Should you fail, you will be executed." His tone was matter of fact, as if he were stating the most obivious truth. Jake let out a loud snort and rumbled in his rough, gravelly voice: "Whatever. Just point me in the direction of the fight and then stay the hell out of our way."
----
Kabrinski does not know what his true purpose is. When the Scourge attack for the first time, he will know true horror. Pirotess was a good choice for this-a dark elf, willing to do what ever is nessciary to make sure the task at hand. Her husband, Ashram, may be able to keep him under control.

"I just hope that I have not chosen wrongly." Marfa, the goddess of the earth, said sadly as she veiwed the situation at hand.

Has anyone else got any ideas? I'm not sure how well this will work.
We all walk a dark path...for there are only shadows. Some lighter, and some darker...but shadows all the same.

For all life is a shade of grey.
Pages: [1]