Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 12:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gothic Armor + Agility, Power, and Bulk mod  (Read 3552 times)

Ablogqwer

Gothic Armor + Agility, Power, and Bulk mod
« on: June 09, 2011, 23:35 »

After adding the bulk mod to the gothic armor it gained a red highlight over the letters denoting it's status at the bottom of the screen [modified gothic armor, durability, etc] and the letter turn black. When removing it while your inventory is full it pops up the normal message "Do you want to drop this!" it gains a pink highlight and the letters turn gray.

Doesn't have any apparent gameplay effect except the coloring.

I know it is a bug, but it is kind of neat.

Edit: And now I have somehow made the immobilization permanent on myself by equipping and removing the gothic armor set (with a similarly set of modded boots). Whoops! Equipping the armor now gives the message "you feel like a fortress! you cannot move!" without actually having the message of you removing them work.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 23:48 by Ablogqwer »

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
Re: Gothic Armor + Agility, Power, and Bulk mod
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 02:27 »

You triggered two separate bugs here and both are known:

1) The color bug is caused by the durability being over 255, this one can get annoying but is harmless.

2) The armor set bugs have been some of the nastiest ones, these seem to be be caused by mods and/or saving the game. Did you save your game at all?

For future reference, posts like this belong in "bug reports'
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 02:39 »

Moved to Bug Reports from Discussion.

As what Deathwind said, please post bugs in the Bug Reports sub-forum.  Thanks for your cooperation.
I computed, therefore I was.

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 19:29 »

I found a plausible way for the save bug to get you stuck in fortress mode: save after getting one of the gothic pieces to nuke the proto, then find the other piece after continuing.  The set will trigger if you equip the nuked piece last (because it counts itself regardless of the proto).  After this, you will be stuck in fortress mode (unless you have a full unnuked set).

Probably this is what happened to you.  I haven't found any link between modding and set weirdness.  If you are convinced that you didn't save, please provide more details.

Also, OnRemove hooks don't trigger when armor/boots get destroyed which could also cause a problem (or benefit).

Edit: maybe should merge with this thread.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 19:56 by tehtmi »
Pages: [1]