Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 07:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 58835 times)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2012, 12:03 »

Heh, I know the feeling. Try being a drummer and watching Chris Pennie - the original drummer for Dillinger Escape Plan - at work. It's very dispiriting, not only is he extremely fast, but the time signatures are simply insane. On the other hand, these guys can even make a 4/4 sound completely alien: check out the intro to Panasonic Youth, which inconspicuously maintains 4 over 4 for more than half a minute.

On the subject: end of last week I bought the album 'Ex Lives' by Every Time I Die. Woah. I knew I was going to be in for a treat, but it's just bloody amazing. It's sort of a crossbreed between metal, metalcore and mathcore, reminding me of Slayer, Dillinger, Botch, Melvins and more. Vocals are brilliant going from a great metalcore style grunt to a really nice and crisp singing voice, and sometimes layering one on top of the other Clutch-style for a really great effect.

Check out Revival Mode, which is actually the most easy-going song on the album but with an incredibly creepy video. The video for the opening track, Underwater Bimbos From Outer Space is pretty sickening as well, and the song is more representative for the rest of the album.
Greatest in my opinion is Partying Is Such Sweet Sorrow, since it goes virtually everywhere - the banjo intro kinda gives it away - and makes best use of the singer's vocal talent, especially the part starting at 0:55.

Enjoy, and lemme know what you think...
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]