Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Potential YAVP on rlProspector  (Read 3409 times)

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Potential YAVP on rlProspector
« on: June 20, 2011, 20:28 »

This is my current savegame for rlProspector. It's a space exploration/mining/trading/fighting roguelike that I think has some pretty massive potential once some bugs are worked out and features are sorted.

It's not finished yet, I just can't think of anything that could kill me other than a random asteroid strike or seismic event under my ship.

300k+ credits. Great weapons and armour. Stacks of redundant equipment. Big away team.

Really I've just got to muck about and explore a lot more planets and grab some more resources. I haven't done half the special planets, or got the best ships etc. It's just that I don't seem to need them now. At all.

The is for magellan to look at the savefile in progress and see how broken it is. Issues are:
#1. Captain hallucinated himself into safety aboard ship. I think. Anyway, known bug.
#2. Equipment on auto equip not going onto officers.
#3. Massive cash bonuses for not really that many resources. It might be due to playtime (I did most of this in one stint).
#4. Firing off the top or bottom of the map crashes the game. I think it has to do with terrain damage. Burn some ice, hit a creature, beam goes off map, game crashes. It keeps your save file (with map uncovered and resources gathered kept) with you in orbit around the star you were at. May have broken save file. It is damn handy sometimes for a bugged special planet though (robot factory planet with indestructable defense turret in testing was bugged. Not done on savegame).

Anyway, here's the save file. It's in a zip file with maximum compression (done by izarc I think). It's 315kB in size. The file name is sam.zip and should be extracted into the savegame directory of rlProspector. Extracted file name is sam.sav at a size of 16,000kB. Have fun magellan or anyone else that plays around. I'll post the YAVP once it's done.

Sambojin

ps I hope this is cool to chuck up here Kornel. It's a smallish file that probably won't be d/l'ed much. rlProspector doesn't seem to have an attachment system on their forums, so I'll be linking from there to here. Feel free to remove it if it's against board rules. Just trying to help out the RL community (and brag a bit. This is pretty good for only having done 10-15 games of Prospector in my opinion :) )

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 20:30 by Sambojin »

General Patton

• Plays too much DoomRL
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
  • That's one doomed space marine.
    • View Profile
Re: Potential YAVP on rlProspector
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 22:05 »

[engrish]Yes, but how does choose Sunglasses and Headphones is necessary for to win rlProspector?[/engrish]

Is it just me or do these spambots seem to follow the rule of three, or at least the ones that don't post walls of text?

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
Re: Potential YAVP on rlProspector
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 23:21 »

[engrish]Yes, but how does choose Sunglasses and Headphones is necessary for to win rlProspector?[/engrish]

Is it just me or do these spambots seem to follow the rule of three, or at least the ones that don't post walls of text?

They spawn faster then JC spawns... [;
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!
Pages: [1]