Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Gaslamp RTD - Episode I: The Secret Ingredient  (Read 48938 times)

General Patton

• Plays too much DoomRL
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
  • That's one doomed space marine.
    • View Profile
Re: Gaslamp RTD - Episode I: The Secret Ingredient
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 18:54 »

"Well, it's now or never." stated Dr. Bonhomme, hesitating for a moment before adopting a confident demeanor and marching up the stairs.

Action: Joining Mr. Fletch upstairs.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 20:26 »

"Indeed," Twizmer said as he strutted along to join Mr Fletch, just like how a guard might do so, though he was careful to appear a little wounded, which was a funny thing, this whole strutting-while-looking-wounded bit.  But that's just part of the act, is it not?

Action: Joining Mr Fletch upstairs.
I computed, therefore I was.

c0ld3r

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 02:21 »

"Well, worst case scenario, get ready to save my ass. I'll whistle if it's clear," Mr. Fletch whispered to his comrades as he crept into the room ahead, staying low and clinging to the right wall.

Action: Scouting ahead to the door

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 00:26 »

The Secret Ingredient - Round IV, Blinded by the light

Raising himself up carefully, Mr. Fletch made his way along one of the walls. Various tables and desks line the edges of the room. Many of the tables seem to have been meant for restraining someone or something. The door was still a ways off though not so far as to notice the bright light cracking beneath the door. While the current lighting was immensely better than in the cell, it was still very dark by normal standards.

Suddenly the double door bursts open, blinding Mr. Fletch as a squad of guards marches through. You hear the commander yell "Split up! Shaft Two has been blocked so proceed down Shafts One, Three, Four and Five. Mr.Fletch quickly flattened himself against the floor, wriggling under the nearest table (11). Twizmer and Dr. Bonhomme having just reached the top of the stairs, managed to duck down without being seen (12)(9). Moments passed as the two waited for the guards to come. Luckily they were in Shaft Two. The double door, now closed again, served as the meeting point of the three.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 14:43 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

c0ld3r

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 23:32 »

Heart pounding, Mr. Fletch whistled loudly quietly said, "C'mon, we need to be gone before they get back!"

Action: Running for the doorway

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 06:47 »

"Run softer!"  Twizmer said as he followed Mr Fletch to the double-door doorway.  No more need for the pretense of injury just yet.

"If someone comes through, pretend to be hitting me so that they will come in to 'assist' me.  Then, we take'em out together."

Action: Following Mr Fletch to the doorway.

General Patton

• Plays too much DoomRL
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 09:49 »

"Maybe we can stop them from following us. If one of those keys matches the doors, you could break it off in one lock and jam the other with your lockpick." Dr. Bonhomme said as he followed.

Action: Running for the doorway.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 22:15 »

The Secret Ingredient - Round V, Crisis Management

Pushing open the door, you are once again blinded by the light inside, It takes a few moments for your eyes to adjust. Mr.Fletch turns to lock the door only to find it has no lock. It seems the doors are automatically shut once released due to a mechanism near the top of the door. With the heightened light levels you see the room in all its grisly glory. The room is divided by a wide walkway with a door at the end and four workstations to either side. At each one is a large table with straps and several smaller tables with various implements. You observations are cut short by the sound of footsteps approaching the room.

Your tension eases a little as a group of escapees enters form behind. "Is this the way out?" calls one of the men. They exchange nervous glances as they begin to observe the room. "The name's Bob by the way..." the man began introducing himself before being interrupted by another group of footsteps sounds behind you, raising your alarm. Several guards pour in from the other door, several carrying rifles. Remembering Twizmer's words, Mr. Fletch punched Twizmer on reflex (13). The punch knocked Twizmer off balance for a moment. There would be no need to 'feign' an injury now.

"Freeze! Return to your cells!" Calls one of the guards.

Allies
Escapees x4
Mr. Fletch
Twismer
Dr.Bonhomme
Bob Grey

Enemies
Guard x6

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 23:05 »

"Help me!"  Twizmer feigned out loud.  "I've been assaulted by this prisoner!"

"Damnit I told you to just pretend to hit me..."  Twizmer muttered to himself as he tried to regain his balance somewhat, with the attempt of faking that he was about to fall, waiting for the moment to strike with his Night Stick.

Action: Recover from being off-balance, but faking as though he were falling, Night Stick out of sight and ready to strike the first guard that comes close enough.

General Patton

• Plays too much DoomRL
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 01:42 »

Needing to free his hands, Dr. Bonhomme finally threw away the piece of tinware he'd been saving for a distraction, aiming for one of the guards before turning to Twizmer. "You! You'll pay for what you've done to us!" the doctor screamed as he reached for his scalpel and aggressively started towards his comrade.

Action: Throwing prepared tinware at a guard, equipping the scalpel and feigning aggression towards Twizmer.

c0ld3r

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 01:18 »

"C'mon, lets see how well you fight without without the bars in the way!" Mr. Fletch yelled as he brought his arms up, pretending to square off with Twizmer, he'd have to remember to apologize later if he could stop laughing long enough to form a sentence.

Action: Pretending to square off with Twizmer and shifting so that Twizmer is between himself and the other guards
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 18:21 by c0ld3r »

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 07:16 »

"Everybody, calm the fuck down!"

Action: Pretend to look horrified at the "fight"
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 18:52 »

The Secret Ingredient - Round VI, Retribution

The cup sailed through the air, hitting one of the guards squarely in the face. What little tension there was in the air snapped. Several of the guards ran up to meet the escapees, clubs drawn while two remained in the back aiming their rifles into the crowd. Likewise the escapees rose to the challenge, several of them grabbing objects off the tables to use as improvised weapons. Unfortunately these guards were no push overs, their clubs dealing sold blows to the others (9)(13)(11)(10). Though it was not without retort as one of the guards found his arm had become a pincushion for sharp implements. The guards in the back seemed to unerringly hit the escapees through their comrades, inflicting wounds on Dr. Bonhomme and another escapee (9)(11). All the commotion seemed to avoid Twizmer and Mr.Fletch for the moment, leaving them free to move.

Allies
Escapees x3
Escapee
Mr. Fletch
Twismer
Dr.Bonhomme
Bob Grey

Enemies
Guard x5
Guard

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 20:43 »

"Psst Fletch, they seem distracted -- pretend to fight me and we'll flank and attack them," Twizmer whispered as loudly as he dared to get himself heard by Fletch.

Action: Pretend to have an altercation with Fletch but stealthily flank the guards and sneak attack upon them with night stick.

c0ld3r

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 21:01 »

Mr. Fletch quickly grabbed Twizmer by the collar of his uniform and pulled him in close so he would be able to hear him when he said,"Alright, brace yourself," before giving him a mighty shove, pushing him past the active melee. After the actor was free from his grasp, he dashed forward, swinging his tin lined fist at the neck of the nearest guard.

Action: Shoving Twizmer into a flanking position and attempting to punch a guard in the neck
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6