General > Graveyard

Gaslamp RTD - Episode I: The Secret Ingredient

<< < (2/16) > >>

General Patton:
"If I had to guess, I'd say that's 145 beats per minute. I suppose this old ticker's as ready for escape as it's gonna be." thought Dr. Bonhomme as he took his pulse like he always did at the end of his daily jog-in-place. In all his life, the good doc had only been dedicated to one thing more than fighting his own death, and that was fighting the death of others. "Don't any of you think about dying on me! We're all getting out of this in one piece! Even Fletch over there doesn't deserve this!" shouted Bonhomme to his companions as he dug through the pile of rags where he hid his things.

Skill: Decade of experience as a doctor of medicine and a lifetime of rigorous cardio
Action: Searching for stash and giving motivational speech

S.K. Ren:
The Secret Ingredient - Round I, Out with a bang

The whole hallway quickly hushed Dr. Bonhomme as the guards reentered. While the effort was appreciated now was not to time to draw attention. The hours seemed to drag on as feeding hour approached. Twizmer pulled a short length of pipe from behind a loose stone (10). It appeared a previous resident of the cell had placed it there but was taken away before it could be put to use. Mr. Fletch on the other hand had shown much ingenuity in his acquisition of contraband (16). The guards paid little attention to the collected tinware from the mealtime, so a few missing handles from cups or torn edges on plates went unnoticed. With pure strength he had managed to fashion a set of serrated knuckles and a crude lock pick. Dr. Bonhomme meanwhile had managed to have been gifted with a makeshift scalpel (11). While not exactly suited for combat, it could be used in a pinch and is an essential piece in a doctor's repertoire. You also managed to collect bandages from the least dirty clothes the others were willing to sacrifice. The other inmates had likewise achieved varying levels of success in collecting weapons.

A silence unlike any other permeated the hallways as the guards entered to feed the prisoners. As they moved nearer the back, each prisoner braced for whatever their mysterious friend had planned. For a moment all that could be heard was the clank of the heavy door moving. A minute passed when suddenly a raucous explosion sounded from the end of the hall. Everyone backed away from their bars as the form of one of the guards could be seen flying past, riding the front of an iron door. As the ringing subsided, you could make out steps echoing in the hall. From the dust a figure emerged, 6' in height with broad shoulders; clearly male. He had several mechanisms attached to his body, some resembling former restraining devices and others clearly contraptions of his own design. His hands were emitting a small stream of gas. As he passed each cell he pressed his hands to the lock. After a few seconds he snapped his fingers and the lock abruptly exploded, opening the cell.

You step out of the cell for this first time. After calming your excitement you see your savior about to leave. He pauses a moment, and turns to your group. "I realize you may have many questions, but I implore you to leave as quickly as possible. I have business below and will not stand for this place to remain intact longer than need be." With that he disappeared through the doorway.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)Spoiler: Twismer (click to show/hide)Dandy Man
Inventory:
Clothes
Broken Pipe
Spoiler: Mr.Fletch (click to show/hide)Jail Bird
Inventory:
Clothes
Tinscrap Knuckles
Tinscrap Lock Pick
Spoiler: Dr.Bonhomme (click to show/hide)Pharmacist
Inventory:
Clothes
Makeshift Scalpel
Dirty Bandages

Spoiler: Armory (click to show/hide)Broken Pipe
Tinscrap Knuckles
Makeshift Scalpel
Tinscrap Lock Pick

Ok, you don't need to restate your action after the post. Also you don't need to italicize talking. Its a a free action 99% of the time and just looks silly. If you want to restate you action after the post that fine and we can abandon the italicze/bolding the main post thing. But we need to pick one and stick with it.

c0ld3r:
   "Bloody hell, I wasn't expecting that!" Mr. Fletch cried as surveyed his surroundings. He briefly thought of making a break for the door before thinking the guard might have nice little keyring that would make their escape more than a tad easier. And with that, he jogged down the hall to the where the poor sod landed.

Action: Searching the guard's belt and pockets for keys and other useful items

General Patton:
"Who knows how long we'll be on the run? Better grab some of this grub while we're here and Lord knows what you could do with more tinware." Dr. Bonhomme bluntly stated as he hunted down the door's other victims.

Action: Scavenging tinware and what ever food was still intact, portable and most of all, safe.

thelaptop:
"Well that's a strange fellow indeed," Twizmer thought to himself as he saw the others scavenging the remains of the recently deceased.  "Food's probably a good idea."

Action: Scavenging for food and other useful utilities from the bodies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version