Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 04:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Angel of Berserk Help  (Read 10856 times)

DarkReaper

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Angel of Berserk Help
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:56 »

I can barely get past lvl 3-4 on this mode.

My question is, how do you take on the humans with shotguns?

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Angel of Berserk Help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:06 »

Well, if possible, do not take 'em. You might want to seek if there is another route to 'em that exposes you to less shotgunfire. If there are multiple former humans, you can always try to get 'em kill each other.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 10:45 »

I avoided them until i get a chainsaw. Honestly, i avoided nearly every monster until that. On level 3, 4, or 5 take a look, if there are stairs to The Chained Court, without chainsaw AoB is impossible, i think. But then there will be levels with less sergeants, and more other monsters, who are not so problematic to kill. You will get normal armor also. I advise you to pick Tough As Nails*3 after picking two perks of Brute. Then i picked Iron Man*3, last Brute, and one Eagle Eye, found LS, and AA, and with all of this i became nearly impossible to kill.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 12:22 by Blade »
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 11:12 »

But then there will be levels with less sergeants, and more other monsters, who are not so problemmatic to kill.
Like who ? Cacodemons ? Or human captains and those guys with plasma rifles ? The only ones who are not problematic to kill in AoB are demons, and maybe lone Viles.

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 11:21 »

Captains will miss you most of the time while you run on coward, so you just need to run next to them while cowarding.

Jered Cain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 12:12 »

Cacodemons aren't problematic, either, you just have to rush at them in Coward, after luring them closer, then cut into them with a chainsaw.
Jered Cain didn't like it too rough.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 12:22 »

Cacodemons aren't problematic, either, you just have to rush at them in Coward, after luring them closer, then cut into them with a chainsaw.
Right, and they are always moving, so they can be caught out of the corner. Sergeants is a real problem because they fires every 3 turns and almost never miss. Every monster on higher levels have a chance to miss, and sometimes it's large enough to allow you get closer to them.
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=422.0 - read the lowest one post, it's mine, and take a look at kill counts. Human sergeants are only 28, while cacodemons are 47, and commandos are 13.
And my comment to mortem read too.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 12:24 by Blade »
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 13:46 »

Chainsaw would be great, if not for the fact that it f..king MISSES like HALF of the time !
Now, i can understand how you can miss someone with a fist or a knife...but missing a slow, unflexible zombie with a chainsaw ?!!

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 13:52 »

Chainsaw would be great, if not for the fact that it f..king MISSES like HALF of the time !
Now, i can understand how you can miss someone with a fist or a knife...but missing a slow, unflexible zombie with a chainsaw ?!!

What tactic setting are you using?

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 13:54 »

Dont give me that, it misses on every tactic, including under berserk condition.

Psion

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 14:02 »

You must have some terrible luck.  I hit... probably 65% of the time with the chain saw.

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 14:04 »

I mean, really, "missing with a chainsaw slash" ? Just doesnt sound right, does it ?

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 14:33 »

Well, I have had a chainsaw in my own hands and... well, its cumbersome. Keep in mind that the bigger ones might weight over 5 kgs.

Try to imagine yourself with a 5 kg thing that is not primarily designed for combat (even though in Hollywood they try to convince us otherwise) and trying to hit something that is actively trying to NOT let you hit him. It's not like it's a sword, which is designed from the ground up to have maximum length and handling.

What does not sound right, however, is surviving a chainsaw slash:P
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 15:22 »

Try to imagine yourself
Try to imagine yourself attacking a slow, limping, stiff zombie, that can barely move, much less dodging you. :P

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 07:48 »

Try to imagine yourself attacking a slow, limping, stiff zombie, that can barely move, much less dodging you. :P

Ok, I see your point:P.

Perhaps the to-hit chance should be higher, at least on aggressive. But since tactics are going to be revamped for the next version... We'll have to wait out and see.
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter
Pages: [1] 2  All