Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 00:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Testing Needed - DoomRL 0.9.9.4 Experimental MacOS X 64 bit Version  (Read 11699 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/

Oh yeah, the current dirrectory *must*  be the one with DoomRL. I think I can find a way to solve this later.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

WasJordan

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Hi there.

I started testing out this OS X version yesterday, and I've played a few games now. I can confirm some issues others have already mentioned, such as the blank number when picking up ammo. But overall it was quite playable.

However, I just realized the game is not properly saving my progress (rank/badges/what have you). It does properly note my wins/deaths but nothing else. I notice the client crashes whenever I exit--perhaps this might have something to do with it? (It says an unhandled exception occurred, something about an invalid pointer.) In any case since I can't progress to harder difficulties now it's somewhat of a big deal :)

I'm on a MacBook Air running Snow Leopard.

VANDAM

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I've got a suggestion, it would be great if the fullscreen will be a true fullscreen. Now, when you're using fullscreen it scales up to 80x25 (or smthng like that), and the game is on the right upper corner of the screen, if there will be zoom it will be much more playable and it wouldn't be so annoying like it's now. And, as far as i can remember, f you're playing linux version of doomrl there is the same bug/glitch/feature i don't know. When you're playing in a naked console it surely annoys. I want to use my tty and play doomrl with true fullscreen.
P.S. At first you should make macexecutable file. this file contains all lib f.e. symlinks for SDL and so on,  in the main folder there will be Info.plist MacOs(folder) Resources(folder) and it will be a true mac way.
P.P.S. If you want, I can help you with mac port.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:56 by VANDAM »
[16/17] AAo666 left.^W
Deleted and started again.
[4/17] And now I've got AAo666 (hate this challenge very much).
Pages: 1 [2]  All