Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Post Mortem Forum Reorganization  (Read 5033 times)

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Post Mortem Forum Reorganization
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:59 »

Being the moderator of all that is mortemy, I want to try something different with the organization of the Post Mortem forum and its subforums. Currently we have:

• Nightmare! subforum
  • Angel of Marksmanship subforum
  • Angel of Berserk subforum
  • Angel of 100 subforum
  • Main forum (which holds everything else)

I would like to change the following:

• Add a sticky to the forum that keeps track of "the best" mortems. Specifically, the most valuable mortem from each challenge (and standard game) and a runner-up, as well as all diamond-badged mortems, will be preserved in said sticky. This is already added, but I'm going to count it as part of the "whole change".
  • Remove all the challenge-specific subforums. Having them there, in my opinion, creates a stigma to post in them more often: placing all mortems, regardless of their challenge, in the same forum will hopefully provide a more uniform distribution. (We should keep the Nightmare! subforum if only because those tend to be held in higher esteem and any want to post there is offset by it being so freaking hard.)
  • Add an archive subforum for all previous versions, maybe even sub-subforums for each version. This way we don't have an enormous backlog of pages in the main forum and people can easily find mortems from this version, without having to know exactly when that version was released. (I'll take care of the archive stuff.)

I'm all for changing things right now but, if no one else wants this kind of change, there's really no reason to do so. Thus, I submit, to everyone that posts here, this request of aforementioned changes to the Post Mortem forum. Tell me what you think and maybe we can get this determined sooner rather than later. (And let's not allow this to devolve into an argument of which challenges deserve subforums...I'd rather drop any possibility of it, just to keep things orderly.)
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Post Mortem Forum Reorganization
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:13 »

I like the idea of having a separated archive for old mortems. The best mortems sticky is great. I'm not too concerned either way about the challenge subforums.

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
  • I think I need a new favorite gun now...
    • View Profile
Re: Post Mortem Forum Reorganization
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:49 »

Another approach could be to give all challenges a shared forum, meaning we'd have Nightmare!, catch-all Challenges, and Normal.

I don't think it's necessary, but it's an idea.

I'm not too concerned with whatever happens to it, though.
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]
Pages: [1]