Chaosforge Forum

• April 17, 2024, 21:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How much of 0.9.9.4 should we wiki?  (Read 2111 times)

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
How much of 0.9.9.4 should we wiki?
« on: September 04, 2011, 16:44 »

Much to my fiancee's distress, I'm probably going to sit on my butt and play a good 5-6hrs of doomRL today. I'll start with a fresh install etc, just to check out how common things are and the difficulty of unlocking modes in the new player environment.

But how much should I wiki as I find new things? The new player classes seem alright, as well as the master traits. These are all accessible info from the get-go. What about updates to monster AI?

Should we hold off for at least a couple of weeks for assemblies, weapons and items? At least give people a good chance of getting them as a "new" inclusion, a great find, not just a wiki read.

Anyway, thanks for the great work Kornel. With the rate of new gubbins you're adding to the game, I'm hoping my relationship will survive. :)

"Must not go into completionist mindframe, must not....."

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: How much of 0.9.9.4 should we wiki?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 16:54 »

Well, the only real rule for wiki updates is don't spoil the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In fact, someone *cough* has already put up much of the 0.9.9.4 stuff on the wiki.

I think it is important for the wiki to reflect the current state of the game so as to avoid any confusion. People who don't want to be spoiled shouldn't be reading about it. For those who don't want to be spoiled, but can't resist, well ... sorry :P

Any help working on the wiki is, of course, appreciated. :)

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 17:53 »

Ok then, I'll chuck up whatever I think is necessary. We'll have to chuck up a new section for player types and redo the traits section, but that shouldn't be too hard. Feel free to change/add/destroy whatever I put on there. My wiki-fu is somewhat lacking.

I think I might just have a go at writing an FAQ. I know that there is a couple out there (both quite good), but they are a little out of date and could use compiling the info into one all-singing-all-dancing version. The player types and redo of traits will make it worthwhile for the different tactics/playstyles available now.

Be right back (in like a week or two once I start to realise just how big a task this is.........)

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 18:01 »

Just a note: I think Game Hunter was just starting to work on some of the player stuff too, so be careful not to step on each others' toes. If you need to coordinate, the IRC channel is a good option; Game Hunter is already connected.

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 04:58 »

I'll leave it be for a few days on the wiki. Gamehunter knows his shotties from his shitznars.
Pages: [1]