Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 09:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Another Mortuary-cleaning - HMP, Cateye + napalm launcher + nuclear rifle  (Read 1468 times)

Zarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

(Please note - this was done in 0.9.9.3, as I already had a good character there and did not want to abandon it)

Hello, all,
I've posted some Mortuary runs a few months ago - one with Ammochain, another one with Cateye. Both were on HNTR. This time I decided to try my luck on HMP. I didn't have any homing phase devices, so I just phased out from the middle and ran to the nearest staircase, using two large med-packs in the process. Not a big deal, since there are 4 more on the level.

Once far enough from the opposition, I slowly advanced and started creating a "river" with my napalm launcher.  Once I created a long enough "firewall", I could simply pick them one-by-one with the nuclear plasma rifle (Cateye means I see two tiles farther than any of them).  This wasn't all that easy, though - sometimes the viles managed to constantly resurrect a dead monster immediately with no end in sight, so I ended up using 20+ rockets. Anyway, once far enough from them, I never was in any danger. The reward was as usual - plus some satisfaction!
Pages: [1]