Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 06:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Ride Across The River IC  (Read 28748 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: Ride Across The River IC
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 11:00 »

Hope lightened her face.

'You will?' she asked, as if not believing herself. 'Oh thank you, thank...'

A sharp bleeping of her omnitool, signalizing a call, cut her tirade before it could get annoying.

'Snorri Sturlson' the device announced in an unpleasant, mechanical voice. 
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 11:50 »

"Better answer that. I'd suggest you put on a "business as usual" approach, though. No telling who's listening in on the other side, hm?" the Turian suggested, stepping over the remains of the Batarian to investigate the rest of the comms tower for systems of tactical importance for the mission - or for guns left unattended, either one worked. He did make a point of taking the Batarian's gun with him, though. Best not to leave the human any chances to play hero.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2011, 03:45 »

She gulped, nodding. For a second, she tried to calm herself and then accepted the call.

'Hey sis' the omnitool cracked with a voice of a young man. 'Listen, there is a situation here, so don't count on me coming just yet...'

'Okay' her reply was quick, maybe even a bit too quick.

'Eh, is something wrong, Niki?' the voice suddenly grew concerned 'Did that Batarian get to you again? I swear I'll...'

'No, no, everything is perfect!' she muttered, and it was obvious that she was on the edge of yet another outburst of sobbing.

'Listen, I don't know what happened, but I'll be there in a minute! Just hang there' he announced.

'No, Snorri no need!' she almost shouted to the tool, but he already terminated the call. She turned your head at you, waiting for a reaction.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2011, 07:42 »

"Well, that's convenient," the Turian commented, leaning against the door frame. "I'll want to know just what he meant by "situation". And this way you can explain the predicament to him and get him to cooperate without anyone else listening in. Anyway, wait here and don't play the hero, and you'll get out alive," he added, briefly checking over his rifle.

Then, to hopefully avoid any nasty surprises like more than one person coming to the "rescue", he went up to the top of the comms building to watch for anyone approaching.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 15:37 »

There was a small balcony on the top of the tower, directly below the comm array itself, just spacious enough to perch yourself on it more or less comfortably. The view was uninteresting as from the ground level, though the patrol routes of the mechs were clearly visible - and a single figure in a bright yellow suit making his way up the crater's slope to the entrance, leaving a trail of footsteps imprinted in the dust.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 13:04 »

Seren didn't spend much time outside. The position was too exposed for his liking, he had a good view, but also could likely be seen without too much trouble. As soon as he saw the lone figure heading towards the tower, he ducked back inside.

"Best get suited up. There's someone on the way here, to be sure, I expect we'll be on the move soon," he told the doctor.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48 »

The women nodded, opening a locker by the wall, and starting to slowly get herself into a green enviro-suit. There was a holster on it, but no weapon.

The airlock hissed open a few minutes later, as Nikita was getting ready.

'Listen, many-eyed freak!' you've heard before the doors even swung open 'if you have done something to her again, I swear I'll blast you a few new eyesockets!'

And then, the massive disc rolled to the side, and Snorri found himself starring eye to eye with a turian mercenary, his sister getting suited up and a corpse of the batarian.

'On another thought' he sighed, raising his arms 'disregard that. And thank you, whoever you are, he was a real pain in the ass.'

He seemed strangely calm, not making any unnecessary, endangering gestures.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 14:18 »

Seren kept his rifle at the ready, though at least he didn't point it at the newcomer after the first few moments.

"Yeah, don't thank me yet," he replied with a shake of his head. "I'm here to retrieve one Asari of note, and to ensure the gang responsible for her abduction doesn't cause any more trouble. Now, I'm fully prepared to do this on my own, but... I can't exactly leave loose ends unattended. Specifically, I can't leave your sister, and more importantly you to just sit here and cause Spirits know what trouble. So, my offer... help me recover the Asari and neutralize the gang, and in return I'll help you get off the planet. How's that sound?"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All