Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 14:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Revenant's fire didn't damage my blue armor  (Read 1651 times)

Matandun

• Lance Corporal
  • Angel of Pacifism
    • View Profile
Revenant's fire didn't damage my blue armor
« on: September 28, 2011, 04:32 »

Hi.
II've just encountered a strange thing: I've just put on a new blue armor, then got hit three times by a revenant and after that I've noticed, that my blue armor still has 100% durability.
I didn't play Fireangel build.
How this could happen?
0.9.9.1: [19/19/13/4/0]
0.9.9.2: [22/20/11/2/1], assemblies [10/2/0]
0.9.9.3: [25/16/10/1/0], assemblies [13/4/0]
0.9.9.4: [25/18/12/1/1], assemblies [18/7/1]

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Revenant's fire didn't damage my blue armor
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 17:21 »

There are only a few ways this should be able to happen. It is possible to raise your fire resistance to 100%, but I think that this can only be done with Malicious Blades or Entrenchment. In this case, you are completely immune to fire damage and it won't hurt your armor either.  Invulnerability, of course, also works, but you probably would have noticed that.

If you are sure that you were taking damage and your armor wasn't, I'm not sure what to say. Perhaps you repaired the armor and forgot about it? Or there could be a strange bug that I haven't been able to reproduce yet.

If possible, providing a save file with the armor might provide some clues, but if the game is already over, then at least posting a mortem could help track down the bug by showing what equipment and traits were in play.  Thanks!

Edit: Another possibility for taking no damage is the impact knockback bug. If revenants roll high enough damage, they'll knock you out of the blast zone causing you are your armor to remain unscratched. This is very unlikely except on Angel of Max Carnage.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 20:20 by tehtmi »

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
  • I think I need a new favorite gun now...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 00:32 »

There are only a few ways this should be able to happen. It is possible to raise your fire resistance to 100%, but I think that this can only be done with Malicious Blades or Entrenchment. In this case, you are completely immune to fire damage and it won't hurt your armor either.  Invulnerability, of course, also works, but you probably would have noticed that.
Not quite. You still take one damage. Complete invulnerability only comes if you have a single source of 100%; adding multiple resistances is capped at 95%.
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 01:16 »

Not quite. You still take one damage. Complete invulnerability only comes if you have a single source of 100%; adding multiple resistances is capped at 95%.

Hmm... I was thinking that Malicious Blades, Entrenchment, and berserk were all counted as internal resistances, but I was wrong; these can't push you over 95%.  (Although if there were enough internal resistance sources like envirosuit -- and there aren't -- they player could be pushed to 100% by several of those sources.) Thanks for the catch.
Pages: [1]