Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 15:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [N!|Ao100|84%|YAVP] Blood! Blood for Armok! God of blood! (Centurial Diamond)  (Read 9966 times)

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

I recommend M AoPc speedruns. If I had to guess I would say I got about 6-10 Cyberdemons per hour that way.

Good suggestion!  I'll give that a try.  Thanks!  :)

That is exactly the case. I included medals to that page just now as to be more accurate, but we've known that this is the case for some time now. This isn't an oversight of the game, it's executed as intended. (Had you been invulnerable at the time of nuke, however, it should have counted.)
Yes. Of course, this also works in reverse: if you happen to be holding a rocket launcher for wall-busting purposes and a demon kills itself in lava, that kill will be counted toward rocket launchers. I've outlined the general strategy on the Strategy:Fists page, though certainly your Demonic Diamond victory know-how can help that page out.

Jeez!  I wish I'd known about this stuff sooner!  It would have made my Demonic Diamond Badge a hell of a lot easier!  I did that whole thing using only my fists!  :o  That's what I get for trying to avoid spoilers!  :)

Tormuse, if you are feeling bored I challenge you to achieve the following (for fun of course). Make a MMB technician and make a Fireshield Duelist Armor in the same game. That goal should keep you occupied as you build up Cybie kills.

Heh, considering that I have only encountered an Onyx mod once ever, this seems unlikely, however, I did just play a game in which I assembled a Cerberus Duelist Armor in a Vampyre game.  Whenever I went berserk, *all* my resistances went up to 95%!  :)

EDIT:  Oh, and FYI, I came pretty close to getting Marksman Diamond yesterday.  Level 21, the furthest I've ever gotten.  It's doable, folks!  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 13:57 by Tormuse »
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

@Game Hunter, your description of how the game processes weapon usage made me curious, and I think I just discovered an easier way to get Demonic Diamond!  If you have Juggler trait and a melee weapon in your prepared slot, but your hands are empty, it still counts as a fist kill, even though you're using the melee weapon!  I just confirmed this with this mortem:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note the chainsaw in my prepared slot.  It made a chainsaw sound and did chainsaw damage, but I still got Sunrise Iron Fist!  If this had been publicly known, I suspect we would have seen Demonic Diamond achieved much sooner;  Taking out Cybie with the Longinus Spear would be a lot easier than punching him to death.  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike

Note the chainsaw in my prepared slot.  It made a chainsaw sound and did chainsaw damage, but I still got Sunrise Iron Fist!  If this had been publicly known, I suspect we would have seen Demonic Diamond achieved much sooner;  Taking out Cybie with the Longinus Spear would be a lot easier than punching him to death.  :)
Yes, well, this is yet another reason we still need you around: finding exploits that can be fixed in the next version. (At the very least, I wouldn't consider this intended. Might end up having to rewrite the whole OnKill mechanism!)

Congrats on YAN!W, by the way. Seems like such an acronym can be applied to you!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 14:39 by Game Hunter »
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile

Yes, well, this is yet another reason we still need you around: finding exploits that can be fixed in the next version. (At the very least, I wouldn't consider this intended. Might end up having to rewrite the whole OnKill mechanism!)

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is a bug. Probably this will just get an in-place fix/exception for Juggler.
Pages: 1 [2]  All