Chaosforge Forum

• June 15, 2024, 14:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.4] Darkness Badge disappeared  (Read 1679 times)

Orbiplanax

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.4] Darkness Badge disappeared
« on: September 30, 2011, 14:45 »

Hello to all, first I want to thank the maker of DoomRL for this awesome game.

Now to the bug I encountered. I am playing DoomRL using Windows XP Service Pack 3.

I completed an Angel of Darkness game, Partial win. I received the bronze and the silver badge like shown in the mortem.
Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)

After looking in the badge screen, I could also see them as achieved (in yellow).
But now, after a week of not playing DoomRL, the badges arent marked as achieved anymore.
The screenshots :

And here, the same instance of DoomRL, clearly showing that I completed Angel of Darkness.

I am playing the game from my external hard drive, and I assumed it could be a saving error, but when this is the case, why only the badges? Why do I have the mortem, and even the partial win display under Angel of Darkness?

Did not try to complete Angel of Darkness a second time to reproduce this, but will do it later if I have time.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 15:30 by tehtmi »

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.4] Darkness Badge disappeared
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 00:12 »

I just had a similar thing happen, on my second attempt I completed AoD but the badges didn't even show up in the mortem. As you can see this was a standard win but as far as the game is concerned it never happened, no badges, uniques or win record. It didn't even show up in my high score list...

If it matters I was running a mod (angel of patience) earlier in the session.

Win XP sp3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 00:16 by Deathwind »
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

Orbiplanax

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.4] Darkness Badge disappeared
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:31 »

Have completed the Darkness badge again, this time it didnt disappear. Seems like the problem wasnt related to DoomRL but rather to my external hard drive not being removed properly. Thread can be closed
Pages: [1]