Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: News from the Forge vol. 4: DoomRL 0.9.9.5 BETA status thread  (Read 13859 times)

Brewtal Legend

• Second Lieutenant
  • I am Hellbound
    • View Profile
Re: News from the Forge vol. 4: DoomRL 0.9.9.5 BETA status thread
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 12:04 »

If the game can be started at episode two or three eventually, will it give the player a little extra bonus experience like the way Frozen Depths does if you choose to start at a higher game level? Otherwise, I still lament the loss of Angel of Haste since it halved the levels to play but you still steadily gained experience only slightly lower than the difficulty curve presented by skipping levels. Otherwise, starting episode two, which I assume will be somewhere between game level 9 - 11 but at experience level 1, will seem like quite the curve to overcome for someone like myself who liked angel of haste for it's quicker game progression.
-Legend

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: News from the Forge vol. 4: DoomRL 0.9.9.5 BETA status thread
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 12:36 »

If the game can be started at episode two or three eventually, will it give the player a little extra bonus experience like the way Frozen Depths does if you choose to start at a higher game level?
You get extra items with which to start, instead. Arguably this is more important than extra experience levels, since it is rather easy to get tons of experience for a few kills, whereas items come and go at random. Since shotguns still tend to be somewhat trait-independent, they should allow you to survive for a bit until you get your build going.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver
Pages: 1 [2]  All