Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 19:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Less exotic/unique assemblies  (Read 14056 times)

GrimmC

Re: Less exotic/unique assemblies
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 11:46 »

On a side note, here's a potential new pistol assembly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howdah_pistol

I leave the details up to the devs.

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
  • Ohohoh! Here it comes! Here comes the night train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 08:51 »

Hm..

Code: [Select]
Assembly: Pistol + PP
---- Stats ----
Howdah Pistol

Damage: 5d4 5-20
Accuracy: -3
Ammo/Clip: Bullets/2
Fire time: 1.0s
Reload time: 1.0s
Alternate reload: Dual reload
Description: Just like the ones they used as defense against lions.. Should work against demons too!
Extra bonus(?): Legitimate for both AoMr and AoSh!

Code: [Select]
Assembly: Pistol + PB
---- Stats ----
Revolver

Damage: 3d6 3-18
Accuracy: +1
Ammo/Clip: Bullets/6
Fire time: 1.3s
Reload time: 1.2s
Alternate fire: Aimed shot
Alternate reload: Dual reload
Description: The gun for the sons of guns. Hits hard, and hits plenty, if you can use it.

Nerfing them would somehow make them weak, but somehow they're way too strong as it is there.

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 22:14 »

any chance of tweaking the elephant gun?  The huge reload time means you can't use it when knocking enemies back around corners, only when rushing them with shottyman.  The mod cost is also quite steep as power mods have a lot of other uses and are (marginally) rarest, the tactical shotgun probably trumps it.
0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

GrimmC

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 12:03 »

I think it works perfectly, personally. As long as you're using MAD, that is. Otherwise, it's not too great, but what else do you expect for a basic shotgun assembly? A gun that any build at all can use?

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 20:04 »

A basic, expensive assembly that's better used to make unbreakable armor?

Sticking to the normal shotgun, and making some nanofiber armor is better. Even the numbers speak.
8d3@2 Sec Fire/Reload vs. 12d3@3.5 Sec Fire/Reload -> 4-12/Sec vs. 3-10/Sec

With shottyman, the numbers change. But point is, the power mods are better used elsewhere. Like for the much more practical Tactical Shotgun.

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
  • I think I need a new favorite gun now...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 20:42 »

I've had quite a few games where I used a Tactical Shotgun and an Elephant Gun - using the Elephant Gun as a replacement for the Double Shotgun. In short range, it's almost as good (after considering the way armor affects the double, plus its weird knockback issues), and uses fewer shells.

I use the tactical shotgun more in open spaces and as filler for non-shotgun builds, but the Elephant Gun does a decent job in a shotgun game.
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

tiw

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 11:47 »

This post may possibly be controversial considering the design sensibilities of some of the posters on this forum, but I'm posting this anyway.

A lot of "basic" assemblies that require unique modpacks should be advanced or master assemblies using regular mods instead--they're largely a waste of unique modpacks compared to whatever else the player could make instead. Originals in [].

[power armor (red armor + PN)]
Since it's a "faster" doubled protection red armor, shouldn't it make sense that it would be constructed with either two P mods (8 protection variant) or two A mods (no speed penalty)? A T mod would be the auto-repair circuitry.

Suggested:
turbomotor power armor (red armor + AATP) (I know this is the same construction as Cerberus Armor, but honestly, that assembly is trash, should be scrapped, and there's better ways to add element protection.)
(same as old power armor but with 4 protection, still repairs 1% on each action and indestructible/cannot be unequipped)
hardened power armor (red armor + ATPP)
(same as old power armor but with -20% movement speed penalty, still repairs 1% on each action and indestructible/cannot be unequipped)

[plate armor (red armor + PO)]
This makes only a slightly improved Gothic Armor with the same movement penalties--something that wouldn't happen if one were to choose to NOT make such an assembly with the Onyx pack. Instead, it should be constructed as a really, really heavy red armor.

Suggested: plate armor (red armor + PBB)
Same stats as old plate armor. If any of you think it's too powerful (rolling eyes) then make it 200% durability and indestructible or something.

[plasmatic shrapnel (any shotgun + PN)]
This isn't affected by Army of the Dead, not to mention it's possible to lose the nano bonus by choosing to put the P on first.

Suggested: plasmatic shrapnel (any shotgun + TTT)
Same as old plasmatic shrapnel, but without the ammo regeneration. Call it a marvel of technical wizardry turning buckshot into plasma.

[lava boots (any boots + TO)]
Neat, but not worth wasting an onyx pack over considering it has durability to lose.

Suggested: lava boots (any boots + TPP)
Same stats as old lava boots.

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 12:45 »

Suggested: plate armor (red armor + PBB)
Same stats as old plate armor. If any of you think it's too powerful (rolling eyes) then make it 200% durability and indestructible or something.
Current plate armor is indestructible too, so if it's the same stats...
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

tiw

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 13:19 »

Undamageable != indestructible. I mean indestructible in the sense that Angelic Armor is.

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 14:47 »

Cerberus Armor, but honestly, that assembly is trash
there's better ways to add element protection.)
Please tell me a way to get 70% fire and 50% plasma protection without finding lava armor, because i don't know one and it would be a great help.
Also it's not 2ATP it's AT2P.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

tiw

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 15:44 »

Please tell me a way to get 70% fire and 50% plasma protection without finding lava armor, because i don't know one and it would be a great help.
Also it's not 2ATP it's AT2P.
I don't disagree that the mitigation is useful, but counting special levels where agility mods are found en masse, power mods are worth their weight in gold and agility drops like fruit flies and the 0 protection mod is a killer for anything other than a green or special low-protection armor.

My argument is mainly that a lot of basic and advanced assemblies that use exotic/unique mods could simply just use more (3 to 4) basic mods to make, considering their inferior utility to spending the rare packs elsewhere in most cases.

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 15:56 »

Mod Dropoff only applies to Master Assemblies (according to the Wiki, anyway), so Plasmatic Shrapnel shouldn't lose the benefits from Nano. Disregard that, I'm an idiot. It still should work like that, though.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 16:29 by raekuul »
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 22:45 »

Undamageable != indestructible. I mean indestructible in the sense that Angelic Armor is.
How is that at all relevant when it doesn't take damage to begin with?
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 23:11 »

*Sigh*, I think he means Unbreakable. In the same sense that the Lava, Cybernetic and Malek's armor "Cannot be destroyed by damage."
Which could be quite nifty, considering there are plenty of armor shards later in the game.

tiw

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 04:25 »

Same reason why Cybernetic Armor cannot be destroyed, really. (else it'd be possible to get it off)

I hope people don't have a fundamental problem with replacing exotic variants of basic assemblies with advanced/master assemblies using common mods, because that's pretty much what this game needs at this point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All