Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 04:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Nub question - where abouts should I be by now?  (Read 7368 times)

Kinitawowi

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Nub question - where abouts should I be by now?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 18:15 »

I just got killed in the Halls on a Pacifist run (took the wrong exit out of an arachnotron cave); one-square wide corridors and the doors mean ruination unless you've got a homing phase device. :-/ Otherwise, yeah, it's pretty much easy street.
0.9.9.4 Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant [11 Me|51 Sp|23 As|21|10|5|1|0] [3 HNTR Pt, 1 Fl|1 HMP St]
0.9.9.5 Mancubus Warrant Officer [12 Me|46 Sp|25 As|17|7|4|0|0] [1 HNTR Pt, 1 ST-FlFail, 1 Fl]

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 22:07 »

Halls of Carnage fills with lava faster on higher difficulties, making it a bit of a rush on UV and hardly any spare time at all on N!. The AI overhaul in the BETAs also makes it a bit more tricky, with the enemies in the final room sometimes wandering around a bit more than usual and ending up being really annoying and camping doorways or the supercharge on the right... while the lava is catching up to you if you're playing on UV or N!.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Errant

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 03:18 »

Sounds to me like you're making basic errors somewhere, because you seem to have a lot of success up to a point. You might consider looking at the wiki so as to get a better grasp on the numbers behind health, damage and dodging.

Also, the Wall is easier than you think. The enemies are easy to beat when they're trickling around a corner in ones and twos. Don't blow a hole in the middle of the wall. That missile launcher will be your best friend if you experiment with it a little.
Pages: 1 [2]  All