Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 12:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Balance Discussion  (Read 2336 times)

Gamer-man

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Balance Discussion
« on: January 08, 2012, 14:40 »

I was wondering what everyone thought of the current balance. 
From what i hear, for advanced traits, intuition 2 and wizzkid are the best advanced traits (which may not be all that bad if badass was up there with them). 
Ammochain and Cateye are great master traits but entrenchment is somewhat lacking. 
I also hear the technician is pretty much the best class (despite entrenchment not being as good). 
Scouts are my favourite, but they seem to struggle before their master trait if you don't get int2.
Marines seem to be great comapired to technician no wk and scout no int2, but i'm not sure he is on par after wk int2 vs badass
I also think it is wierd that scouts get nerfed on every mission they are inherently good at, but the technicians and marines don't for the missions they are good at (Ao100 and AoHumanity).  Maybe the scouts should have it so stairs are revealed if they get a computer map (where as they remain unrevealed for the marine and technician) so it isn't just them straight up losing one of their bonuses.
anyways, I'm excited to see what everyone else thinks.

Sirdec

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Balance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:01 »

Intuition is a good advanced trait if you know how to use it properly, i for example just seem to play bad when i know where the baddies are hiding ;-)
Wizzkid while being good is luck dependant, without Mods, Whizkid levels are useless.
Badass, especially if a marine is awesome.

But my all favorite advanced trait is JUGGLER. That thing is owerpowered, and allows for crazy combos, instant switch to whatever weapon is best at a given moment.

Currently what really is unbalanced is ammo, there is a crazy hell lot of it all over the place... Might as well remove the need for ammo alltogether.
Roguelikes beaten
DoomRL : a lot of wins, best one AoMr UV 100%
DCSS : 10 runer MdFi
AliensRL

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 12:55 »

I think classes are well balanced.
I pick Marine when i want MAc for easy 100% or for long journes(like Ao100 and Conqueror attempts) or MVm as it has easy requirements.Also longer powerup duration is very nice too.
I pick Scout when all i'm speedrunning, or playing AoHu/AoMC and don't wanna get hit at all.Personally i don't like it's master traits except MBm, so i usually stay masterless.
I pick tech if i want superior defense(MMB and MFa) or ammo-efficient and trusty MSs or want to rely on luck with MSc.And i actually rate Entrenchment higher than Cateye since for me Cateye is not much better then TH + Int2, while you can combo MEn with Ber to get 90% resistances and laugh at your pathetic enemies while standing without cover and shooting them one by one.
I rarely need WK, but computer maps and 0.1s item usage is very beneficial.
My favourite advanced trait is Berserker as it gives me both offense and defence and i don't need to bother with thoughts how to kill something - just switch to melee weapon and murder it - plain and simple.
Hmm.Looks like instead of talking about balance i talked about me picking traits, but whatever. :)
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Gamer-man

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 16:32 »

ohh i guess the stairs are reveiled in angle of pacifism with computer map as scout (and probably for eveyone else).  I still think it is wierd that some missions block aspects of the scout that makes him awesome, but nothing does the same for marine or technician.

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 20:35 »

ohh i guess the stairs are reveiled in angle of pacifism with computer map as scout (and probably for eveyone else).  I still think it is wierd that some missions block aspects of the scout that makes him awesome, but nothing does the same for marine or technician.

AoHu blocks the marine's awesome (in that mode) +10 health... (by reducing it to +2) maybe not quite the same thing, but I'd say it counts.

AoP/AoI/AoMs can block some of the techie's bonuses... well's its debatable.
Pages: [1]