Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 06:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Game permanently freezes after going down stairs on a random level.  (Read 1900 times)

Firstblood

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile

V. 0.985
Win version
Windows XP

My last two games have froze on me (no save on crash, I have no idea how to enable that if its possible for this type of crash).

[M|AoMr] game crash as soon as I entered level 9. Last level was level 8.
[M|AoMr] crashed as soon as I entered level 17. Last level was UC.
(I had an awesome character, owned CoS)

I see the start of the level, but the game is totally frozen, no input works. The music also hangs. I recently started using the MP3 version of the music.

The level 9 crash, I started in a room bottom left of the map with a human commando.
The level 17 crash, I started in some hellish caves in the middle of the map surrounded by at about 8 Cacodemons. Both crashes identical in that as soon as I start the level, the music hangs and the game is frozen.

My games haven't crashed before, so I don't know if something else is wrong, or if its because I'm playing on a different difficulty to usual or using the MP3 music. I guess for some reason it could be the MP3s, but I don't know why, and noone has reported the same error that I can see. Hope its not just my computer.

I also made the music volume the same as the sfx in the .cfg file. They are both 25 now.

All I can think of. Is there some error log or something? The log.txt doesn't seem to say anything special. Going to start using the save function in case it keeps happening in the meantime.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 17:59 by Firstblood »
Pages: [1]