Chaosforge Forum

• April 23, 2024, 06:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AoE display for weapons.  (Read 1673 times)

Stormlock

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
AoE display for weapons.
« on: January 08, 2012, 14:00 »

This would be nice, especially with a tileset where we don't need to blot out what we're firing at to display things. Simply put, I would dearly love to know exactly what tiles my shotgun/rocketlauncher/bfg/hellwave pack is going to hit before using them. This is already implemented for line of fire for basic shots, I think adding the same functionality to the resulting explosions would make the interface a lot better. Maybe make it an optional thing for ASCII, since there it'll cover up things (unless you can do it with highlighting or something.)

As an additional note, adding the follow through trajectory for the normal line of fire would be nice too, for when you're going to blast though a monster/wall or miss shots.

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
Re: AoE display for weapons.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 20:37 »

In ASCII you can just have it change the color of the AoE for shotguns and the BFG but that won't help the rocket launcher or the shock/hellwave pack. The pack can be solve by stating it's range in the inventory display but you can't always tell where the rocket will hit.
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]
Pages: [1]