Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 22:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wiki update question  (Read 1740 times)

byrel

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Wiki update question
« on: January 15, 2012, 13:06 »

I'm starting to work on the wiki in my free time, and I was going to start with the new level layout, etc.

Is there a canonical source for where levels can appear? Or should I just run through a few games keeping track, and post best estimates?

My other question was about monster AI changes. Did these change firing chance? If so, how do I find out what the firing chances are? Count as they shoot me? :) (I don't think I'll get a good sample on the mastermind before I die... ) Also, how do I go about finding the damage done by spidey? AoMC, and factor?
[22/13/7/1/0]
First Lieutenant
Hell Baron

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: Wiki update question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 14:38 »

Is there a canonical source for where levels can appear? Or should I just run through a few games keeping track, and post best estimates?
Most of the special levels are precise in where they appear. There are a few that have floor ranges but I believe those that still do have not moved since the last version (or have a more limited range). All of the special levels are always guaranteed to appear, so that should help you figure out where everything goes.

My other question was about monster AI changes. Did these change firing chance? If so, how do I find out what the firing chances are? Count as they shoot me?
This sort of stuff will be handled by one of the game devs, since there's no simple way to access this kind of information. I can't think of any cases where we changed the attack chance for this version, however, so you should be good in that regard anyway.

Also, how do I go about finding the damage done by spidey? AoMC, and factor?
If I'm not mistaken, the Spider Mastermind already has a page. The damage is there.

Also, all wiki-related...anythings should be posted here. There are rarely new posts to it anyway, so we may as well keep track of everything in a single thread.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

byrel

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki update question
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 17:40 »

Thanks! I'll do that next time. BTW, thanks for all those video tutorials. They really help newbies (like me) learn tactics. :)
[22/13/7/1/0]
First Lieutenant
Hell Baron
Pages: [1]