Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 07:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Not Bug][0.9.9.5] Angel of Pacifism  (Read 3363 times)

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
[Not Bug][0.9.9.5] Angel of Pacifism
« on: January 16, 2012, 14:47 »

Not sure if that's bug, but now nuking cyber demon is not a win. Or description should be changed - nuke spider mastermind, but I have no idea how to pass cyber demon without homing phase. Can he destroy wall and show stair case?

About pacifism, I am certain that scout not seeing stairs is on the purpose, right?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 20:59 by tehtmi »
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: [0.9.9.5] Angel of Pacifism
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 14:53 »

Not sure if that's bug, but now nuking cyber demon is not a win. Or description should be changed - nuke spider mastermind, but I have no idea how to pass cyber demon without homing phase. Can he destroy wall and show stair case?
This is a description bug: you'll need to descend all the way to Dis before you can win AoPc. As for stairs, perhaps you need to look more carefully...

About pacifism, I am certain that scout not seeing stairs is on the purpose, right?
This is intentional, along with Angel of Darkness and Angel of Red Alert. Since a rather significant part of these challenges is a matter of descending stairs, it would be a rather trivial task to play these games with a Scout were this benefit enabled.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

snowstorm

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul of Melee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 14:59 »

Since a rather significant part of these challenges is a matter of descending stairs, it would be a rather trivial task to play these games with a Scout were this benefit enabled.

Is buffing the Scout in these cases open for consideration?

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 15:05 »

Is buffing the Scout in these cases open for consideration?
Sure, but not here. I believe there's a balance thread going on over at the discussion forum if you want to talk about it.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

raigan

• Greater Elder
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
Re: [Not Bug][0.9.9.5] Angel of Pacifism
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 16:08 »

Um... I'm not sure if this is a further bug in this vein, but anyway I made it to Cyberdemon, used a homing phase device, and it just moved me to empty floor next to a wall...? Does this mean we need to get the Cyberdemon to blow a hole in the wall to expose the exit, or is this a bug?

Anyway, trusting the description text, I nuked myself and then discovered to my dismay that it didn't count as a win :(

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: [Not Bug][0.9.9.5] Angel of Pacifism
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 16:31 »

Um... I'm not sure if this is a further bug in this vein, but anyway I made it to Cyberdemon, used a homing phase device, and it just moved me to empty floor next to a wall...? Does this mean we need to get the Cyberdemon to blow a hole in the wall to expose the exit, or is this a bug?
On all no-homing levels the homing phase device acts as a normal phase device.

Anyway, trusting the description text, I nuked myself and then discovered to my dismay that it didn't count as a win :(
You know that there's a Spider Mastermind to kill deeper, right? The AoPc description text is probably off date, will need to fix it, sorry for that :/

Edit : fixed in SVN
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 16:33 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]