Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 14:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: New Traits  (Read 63793 times)

007bistromath

• Backer
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New Traits
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2008, 01:19 »

Machinist (should probably require WhizKid)

You don't understand why all these guns are everywhere. None of them are as cool as yours. They may as well be scrap metal. Now there's an idea... This trait allows you to transmute guns to random weapon mods. Quote: "Hey, chaingun! The hell with respect!"

Chamber

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2008, 03:31 »

My two cents:

Surgeon  2 levels of trait.  Each level makes medkit and large medkit use 25% faster.

Hold on Life 1 level.  Requires 1 level of Surgeon.  If you're killed, but your HP are at -10% or closer to 0%, you automatically use a medkit and pull yourself from the brink of death.

Catch This! 1 level.  You can roll those barrels you find at enemies.  They won't do any damage on impact, but a quick pistol shot will rectify that.

Armour Cutter 1 level.  Requires 1 level of SoB?  Each time you hit an enemy, you aim the shots so that they scrape of some of its armour, letting subsequent attacks do more damage.

Run, Monkies, Run!  1 level.  Requires 1 level of Reloader?  You can wield a rocket launcher in each equipment slot, and fire them at the same time.  They fly in different trajectories, much like the Mancubus's weapon does.  Reload them both with the R command.

Hardy Bastard 1 level.  Requires 1 level of TaN.  Player damage is increased by (100% - current HP %).  ie when wounded badly, the player deals a world of pain on his tormentors.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2008, 11:30 »

In advance, I apologise everyone for topic necromancy. A topic like this should be sticky or something...

Ideas of mine go like this :

Sprinter

Imps ? Zombies ? You think you can get me ?!?

Requirements : Hellrunner(2)

No, they can't. Your stamina is so great, that it lets you recover from being tired in five times the number of turns you spent running !
For example : Doomguy was running for 4 turns, so he'll be able to pass into running after another 20 turns.

Kamikaze

You want a piece of me ? Come at me with it ! Papa's got a brand new bag !

Requirements : Son of a Gun(1), Ironman(1)

You are lean and mean bastard, indeed, and a quite insane too. You don't care about yourself when bullets start flying around, instead focusing at kicking butt. Whenever you move while in Running mode and wield a pistol or a pair, you recieve a free attack (or two) against an enemy that has enough bad luck to stand the closest to you.

Blademaster

Finish it, sir ! Spare me disgrace !

Requirements : Finnese(2) AND Juggler

Behold ! A true master of the sword is coming ! Whenever you wield a melee weapon in your prepared slot, you have an additional 50% chance to block melee attacks.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2008, 12:07 »

I like the first one. About two others - can's say anything specific about them. Something is bothering me about them, but it requires thinking, to detect, what exactly... Maybe the requirements that are illogical?
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

ultimate26

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2008, 09:11 »

how about a medic trait that makes your medikits heal 25% more? and a advanced one, that for every 2 small medkits you find, they turn into a large medikit?

or a trait that lets you keep powerups saved in a container?

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2008, 09:32 »

how about a medic trait that makes your medikits heal 25% more? and a advanced one, that for every 2 small medkits you find, they turn into a large medikit?

Small medpacks are only spawned on early levels (as far as i remember), so on later levels second trait would be useless. First won't be of much help too because of health decay.

or a trait that lets you keep powerups saved in a container?

It would be too overpowered.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2008, 11:22 »

Or a trait that lets you keep powerups saved in a container?
Now THAT would be so handy... So handy in fact that it would instantly spoil all the fun of the game XP
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2008, 08:54 »

Lean Mean Exp Machine:
Why killing for getting experience. With this trait you generate exp. with yourself.
Originally idea from Crimsonland, i think ratio is 3exp*level/10sec.
Skilled warrior:
You get 5*level% more exp from killing monsters.
What about THIS?
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Sachiko

• Sergeant
  • I hunt down Cheat-modders and collect their skulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2008, 04:31 »

Lean Mean Exp Machine, huh?

For some reason, I feel like it would fit in some other game, but not on DoomRL. Because, you know, DoomGuy enters a level, DoomGuy blows the brainz off of all demons in the level, DoomGuy is now walking like an idiot through the whole level as he generates his own experience... No, sir, that would be a way too much easy shortcut.

However (And here's an opinion), maybe for the more stealth and exploration inclined players, there should be a trait that lets you gain experience as you uncover the level. Trick is, you must uncover it yourself. No Computer Maps allowed.
If you ever use cheat-mode, I'll go for you and kill you while you sleep.

Ischaldirh

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2008, 17:37 »

So I WAS going to read this whole thread to make sure my ideas weren't already in there somewhere... but it's 9 pages long and I have to work soon. So I'm just going to post them and you can hurt me later if it's a repost.

Dancer: (req: lv2 Hellrunner. max level 1.) You have taught yourself "the Dance" very well. And I'm not talking some music-and-light-steps dance, I'm talking the close-combat dance. You understand that if you stop, you die. So instead, you are able to move and shoot at the same time. You also gain an additional 10% chance to avoid incoming fire if your last turn was spent moving.
(I don't really know how this would be implemented, but I think it would be handy. Of course it would also put melee enemies completely out of commission, but...)

Organized: (no requirement. max level 3) You know how to fit everything in your bag so that it takes up less space. As a result you can carry )5-10?)% more ammo per level that other marines.
(Like a mini-backpack. I know I always feel bad leaving ammo around because I can't carry anything more, and then later down the line I find myself missing those extra rounds quite badly...)

Loadbearer: (requires lv 2 Organized, max level 2) I'm tired of writing descriptions, suffice to say it would increase your pack size by 1 per level. Maybe only max level 1? I dunno, all I know is I'm a major packrat and hate leaving anything behind on a level.

Spray: (Perhaps not a perk?) You can fire automatic weapons in a "spray", firing them randomly in an arc similar to that of a shotgun.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2008, 09:20 »

Another one inspired by The Crimsonland.

Final Revenge

Pick this and you'll get your revenge. It's a promise.
or
The only honourable death is the one leaving a huge, smoking hole.

Requirements : Ironman (2)

They say that you'll take your slayer to your grave. And his friends too. And his family. And...
Well, they are bloody right.
Now, if they'll finally get you, you'll live long enough to arm your portable thermie. Kinda like a Predator. Eat this, Cyber !

Ok, it won't be too useful. But can have a comforting effect, when you are ambushed by three Viles or get cornered by a Mancubus. And, yeah, 100% kills !

LockeCarnelia

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • No Rest For The Wicked
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2008, 00:14 »

Combat Reflexes:

"I'm the man!  I'm Superbad!  Imps?  Zombies?  You think you can get me?!?"

Gained with level 3 in Hellrunner.

Your mind has conditioned itself to see enemies preparing to shoot, to the degree that you actually move out of the way of the projectile miliseconds before it is shot at you.  Well, some of the time, at least.

10% chance of automatically moving out of the way of a projectile aimed at you, with no time costs involved.  I'm undecided if Shottyman should work in conjunction with this, so that when you automatically move, you automatically reload as well.  It MIGHT unbalance it, I'm not sure.

Door Knocker:

"KNOCK KNOCK!  WHO'S THERE?  ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!"

2 Points in SoaB, or 2 points in Brute, one or the other, effects vary on whether it's Brute or SoaB.

SoaB Version:
You've developed a special affinity for breaching doors, in fact, so much so, that when you shoot doors, a non-item damaging explosive happens on the other side of the door.

Brute Version:
You've developed a special affinity for breaking down walls with your bare fists, or whatever other implement might be handy.  (May be with or without the non-item damaging explosive part or not, depends.)

You certainly get the advantage of surprise with this, and you can even set up small booby traps by closing doors behind you, waiting for enemies to get close, and then shooting the door, causing it to blow up in their face.

With the Brute version, you now can fight The Wall in AoB!  Isn't that wonderful!  Adding to that, however, it adds in some neat strategy where you can effectively cut your level running time in half by just bashing down a few walls.  Of course, bashing down walls DOES take a bit of time....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 00:56 by LockeCarnelia »

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2008, 08:29 »

Combat Reflexes:

*Snip*

Unbalanced trait is unbalanced...

Door Knocker:

"KNOCK KNOCK!  WHO'S THERE?  ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!"

*Snip*

Now this I like... I don't have time to go into detail though, so I'll have to leave it there...

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2008, 09:23 »

Combat Reflexes:

*Snip*

Unbalanced trait is unbalanced...

...really? It seems to me like that's only half as good as HR. Unless you add in shottyman, at which point it becomes slightly better than HR.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

LockeCarnelia

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • No Rest For The Wicked
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2008, 14:25 »

I tried to keep those two traits as balanced as possible.  And yes, I stole the quotes DIRECTLY from the Doom Comic, with all of its wonderfulness.

I could make up more, depends on what you people want.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10