Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 17:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: New Traits  (Read 63896 times)

Valkeera

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: New Traits
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 10:06 »

Maybe the "Basher" for SoaB 2 could allow you to do double damage / instakill with a certain chance (10% again?) per level... Though perhaps only for melee (excl. LS) and up to chaingun weapons.
Angel of Death 007

Igor Savin

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 10:12 »

Maybe the "Basher" for SoaB 2 could allow you to do double damage / instakill with a certain chance (10% again?) per level... Though perhaps only for melee (excl. LS) and up to chaingun weapons.

Sounds boring...
We need second Shottyman.
Now that was a brilliant trait.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 11:03 »

[Anatomyst] You know about serious wounds and bleedings all: how to prevent them, how to cure them... and how to make them! Each level of this perk decreases chance of bleeding for you and increases chance of enemies to start bleeding from your attacks by 15%(maybe 20%) per level.
Any suggestions?
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 11:08 »

[Anatomyst] You know about serious wounds and bleedings all: how to prevent them, how to cure them... and how to make them! Each level of this perk decreases chance of bleeding for you and increases chance of enemies to start bleeding from your attacks by 15%(maybe 20%) per level.
Any suggestions?
This one will be covered by one of the already planned Adv. Traits IIRC
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 11:10 »

Any suggestions?

This could work (perhaps tweaking a bit the percentage of happening) if killing monsters by bleeding would give you experience, because right now it doesn't give you any. Picking this trait would mean forfeiting lots of experience. :P

Also, it would be nice to be know how much damage does bleeding do, although I think it would be more useful against monsters with big damage reduction.

EDIT: Spelling OMG
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 12:40 »

[Regeneration] Anvanced trait, after 2 levels of Iron Man. Regenerates 1hp every n turns(where n = some big number). This perk is almost useless in normal game, but will be extremely good for Nightmare!(later i will explain, why).

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 12:49 »

[Regeneration] Anvanced trait, after 2 levels of Iron Man. Regenerates 1hp every n turns(where n = some big number). This perk is almost useless in normal game, but will be extremely good for Nightmare!(later i will explain, why).

Why useless in normal games? With the current state of the AI it's easy to find a safe spot where you can spend 5000 turns  regenerating and on UV/AoI it would be very useful.

But with the current AI .... well... it would probably be very imbalanced right now :/
Maybe make it Nightmare! only.
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 12:54 »

Why useless in normal games? With the current state of the AI it's easy to find a safe spot where you can spend 5000 turns  regenerating and on UV/AoI it would be very useful.

But with the current AI .... well... it would probably be very imbalanced right now :/
Maybe make it Nightmare! only.

Not only it's easy to get a spot to rest, but if you clear a level, then it's just a matter of wait a certain amount of time (as higher as needed) to get 100% again. That, in my opinion, ruins the whole med-pack management fun.
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 12:55 »

Not only it's easy to get a spot to rest, but if you clear a level, then it's just a matter of wait a certain amount of time (as higher as needed) to get 100% again. That, in my opinion, ruins the whole med-pack management fun.

arrrrrgg.. I missed the most obvious point again :p
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 13:01 »

Maybe really make it only for Nightmare!? Belive me, there are no rest spots!

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 13:04 »

Maybe really make it only for Nightmare!? Belive me, there are no rest spots!

Well, Nigthmare! prevents the easy 'rest-after-everything-is-dead' thingy and the constantly high monster count might also make it hard enough to find save spot, so the trait would be balanced.
You are the only Nightmare! player so far so I can't really say how Nightmare! plays right now without regeneration.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 13:07 »

You are the only Nightmare! player so far so I can't really say how Nightmare! plays right now without regeneration.
Belive me, after Nightmare! i count Malivicious Knives challenge and UV at all as child's play.))

Valkeera

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2006, 13:17 »

Okay, let's do a little summary of some traits that may be acceptable suggested here so far:

Dodger: (adv., req. HR2, maxlvl 2) Increases your chance to dodge missile/melee attack by x% (to be determined).
This got two votes. Any additional comments on it? Might go hand in hand with a revision of Hellrunner trait to make the combination more balanced.

Basher: (adv., req. SoaB2, maxlvl 2) 10%/level chance to cause double damage with weapons up to chaingun.
There's still some controversy about it. Could be of some use for AoMr challenge and Shotties.

Kicker: (adv., req. Fin2, maxlvl 2) Knockback effect of weapons increased by 1/level(?).
Can be useful at keeping the demons at bay, or knocking powerful enemies out of LOS and then cutting the tail.

Ammo stacker: (trait, maxlvl 3) Increases the amount of all ammunition in one inventory stack by 10%/level.
Borrowed this from this RFF. Allows to carry more ammo while keeping precious inventory slots free for other items.

Anatomist: (trait, maxlvl 2/3?) Decreases chance of bleeding and bleeding damage, increases chance/damage caused to monsters.
This can be a useful trait, though perhaps the bleeding should be made more deadly to balance it.

Your comments and judgements, please? :-)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 13:43 by Valkeera »
Angel of Death 007

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 13:39 »

Ammo stacker: (trait, maxlvl 3) Increases the amount of all ammunition in one inventory stack by 10%/level.
Borrowed this from this RFF. Allows to carry more ammo while keeping precious inventory slots free for other items.
I'd rather made this an advanced trait requireing Reloader (2-3) with one level and giving a flat 100% increase to ammo stack - the 10%-20%-30% increase will produce odd max stack sizes.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Valkeera

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2006, 13:45 »

I'd rather made this an advanced trait requireing Reloader (2-3) with one level and giving a flat 100% increase to ammo stack - the 10%-20%-30% increase will produce odd max stack sizes.

I'd suggest less than 100% flat increase - 20% would be enough, IMO.
Angel of Death 007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10