Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 18:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mortem Series' (FORUM SUGGESTION)  (Read 2307 times)

Pricklyman

• Sergeant Major
  • Crazy Nutjob - and lovin it
    • View Profile
Mortem Series' (FORUM SUGGESTION)
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:25 »

(As I always put with suggestions on forums, my apologies if this has already been suggested. I always make a quick perusal of the forums, but nothing too thorough. If it has been suggested before, I have no qualms if the topic is just deleted or something...thanks for your consideration)

I was thinking about the Post-Mortem section of the forums, and came up with an idea.

My current "goal" in DoomRL is to complete the game utilising MBD. I posted one of my first half successful runs here. However if/when I actually win, I'd like to post another mortem, and have another little ramble on what I did, how lucky I got etc etc.

However instead of making another topic (which is what I believe (operative word being "believe) is the current norm) I'd much rather not clutter up the forums and put it in the same spot. So then, here's my idea.

Have another sub-forum (or not depending on how much this would be received) where people can place "Goal mortems". For example, my current goal of completing the game using MBD could be notated "Goal - complete on M using MBD" and when I complete it I could put "Complete" at the end or something along those lines. (To let people know that this goal isn't a WIP, and they can see the journey from beginning to end.) (Also, if someone decides to give up, they could put "Failed" or "Suspended" or something...)

I personally just think this would be awesome. The people who are actually good at the game could maybe have N! goals, or Diamond badge goals or something. But instead of just posting the end of the journey, people can see the journey, comment and help out maybe.

I don't know what people think of this, and maybe I'm taking the wrong light on the Post-Mortem forum. I just feel (personally) that it isn't a bragging ground, but more of a "have a look at what I'm doing right now in DoomRL", since the game is so robust like that.

Thanks for reading, hope you like my suggestion...although I won't take it personally if you don't! :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:35 by Pricklyman »

spacedust

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
  • Ha-haa!
    • View Profile
Re: Mortem Series' (FORUM SUGGESTION)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:43 »

This actually sounds like a great idea. It would be immensely motivating to try to complete goals that you set for yourself publicly, and have people comment, share tips, etc to get you closer to your goal.

Zalminen

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • The Good, The Bad & The Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 00:37 »

Slight necro, as I'd also really love to see this.

I'm currently trying to finally beat Ao100 and having a WIP thread for it would be a nice little motivating factor...
Hell Baron Captain (0.9.9.6)
[25/19/9/0/0] m:25 sp:54 as:38

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:55 »

Sounds like a plan.
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

Ashannar

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Shottyhead Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 01:52 »

Chiming to say I really like the sound of this too.
Hell Baron Major (0.9.9.7) 22 18 12 1 0 0
Pages: [1]