Chaosforge Forum

• May 06, 2024, 09:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Problem with armor  (Read 1679 times)

will825x

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Problem with armor
« on: February 02, 2012, 20:28 »

So, I was playing in UV, had a blue armor on and gothic boots with 13%hp as a marine and got one-shotted by an imp.

My max hp was 60, so 13% is at least 7 hp, max imp dmg is 10. Armor would reduce his damage to 0 (though I think you still take 1 dmg otherwise survivalist makes no sense).

In any case I shouldn't have died. This has happened to me before, but I assumed that I was being shot by something off screen that just wasn't rendering. Now I'm thinking that armor from boots or at least the gothic boots is not applying correctly. Or maybe it has to do with the type of damage (though on the wiki it says fire is reduced normally by armor).

Also, not a bug, but power mod in gothic boots is kind of broken (if the armor on them works right) 20 armor in an item that never degrades is ridiculous.

will825x

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with armor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 20:30 »

This is 9.9.5 for windows, played on Windows 7

(which I think I've seen mentioned elsewhere has the annoying issue that it can't be fullscreened)

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 20:50 »

boots only count for damage from acid and lava floors, it sounds like you got a very unlucky roll.  With 2 armor AND 20% fire resistance it needed to roll max damage to kill you.

edit: for reference body armor does nothing at all for acid and lava.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 20:52 by Deathwind »
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

will825x

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 14:07 »

Ah, well that explains a lot. Thanks.
I would suggest updating the description on boots and on the wiki then. It's not clear at all that their armor value only applies to terrain damage.
Pages: [1]