Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trait usefulness  (Read 9936 times)

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Trait usefulness
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 07:39 »

But isn't coward tactics reducing damage? Being aggressive increases it, that's for sure.
Aggressive = damage increased by 40%
Coward = damage reduced by 40%
Malek posted this in some thread but not in the wiki or wiki thread so I can't find the post right now.

Edit:
Found it
It's -50% on coward though.

Should be noted, though, that it only applies to melee. There might also be some effects on ranged damage, but nothing that drastic.

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 09:59 »

I think we need some discussion about the usefulness of several traits and balance of them.

Here's a list of traits rarely seen used:

• Juggler
  • Stonewall
  • Badass

The following are seen every now and then, but not that often:

• Cat Eye
  • Finesse
  • Son of a Bitch
  • Hellrunner

And here's a list of commonly taken traits:

• Ironman
  • Tough as Nails
  • Reloader
  • Shottyman
  • Eagle Eye
  • Intuition
  • Brute
  • Berserker

I left Son of a Gun and Dualgunner unlisted, because while they aren't that useful in a normal game, they are highly useful for AoM. I didn't do that for Brute/Berserker, because, as you can see in the Post Mortem section, they offer a very effective way to beat the game.

I think that the 3 traits in the first list need to be enchanced or redesigned, as they currently aren't worth taking. Badass is a good idea, but 3 levels for the full effect just isn't worth it outside of Angel of Masochism.

Stonewalls effect is most of the time only useful for Angels of Berserk for taking out those sergeants, and that alone won't make taking Stonewall a good choice.

The same goes for Juggler, the effect just isn't useful enough as it is. Would making it a one point wonder making weapon switch take no time at all be overpowered?

Finesse seems to only be useful in Angle of Marksmanship, some boosting and/or a nice advanced trait could perhaps make taking it more tempting.

I don't see Son of a Bitch as a useless trait, but it also could take either a small boost or an advanced trait.

As for Hellrunner, I just think it's underrated.

Dualgunner could also use some boost, as it's currently less useful than Finesse after the first level, but I already know that it's getting some enchanement.

The above is just my opinion, and I urge you to disagree so that we can have some discussion about traits that could use some editing.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 10:31 »

Extremely usefull list! I added a link to it to my ToDo list :). Here are a coulpe of commens:

1. Badass and Stonewall could be merged into one two-level trait - how does that sound?
2. Juggler as a single level *no time* swap, being an advanced trait of Finesse
3. Son of a Bitch will have a nice adv. trait (I hope)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 11:46 »

Extremely usefull list! I added a link to it to my ToDo list :). Here are a coulpe of commens:

1. Badass and Stonewall could be merged into one two-level trait - how does that sound?

This is a good solution. I actually thought about it myself some time ago, but didn't remember it any more. Will it require you to have x levels in both Im and TaN or only 1 of 'em at level 2 or a total of x invested in both?

2. Juggler as a single level *no time* swap, being an advanced trait of Finesse
3. Son of a Bitch will have a nice adv. trait (I hope)

2. This might be a good solution, can't say before getting to test it ingame.

3. Can't wait to see it.

Pages: 1 [2]  All