Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 17:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [M|AoMr|99&|YASD] Kornel, I Think Your Game is Trying to Propose to Me.  (Read 3049 times)

Gamer-man

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

So I was playing my second game on 0.9.9.6G, after not playing enough 0.9.9.5 as I should have, on AoMr and the game gives me ok gear for the bruiser brothers, speedloader, P-modded pistol, A modded boots, tactical armor, and 4 ammo chains.  So i beat them and show up, get the stairs to the armour, right by them are a T-mod and an A-mod, so I grab a spair pistol and make a second speed loader....then takes 3 more steps and find THE GRAMMATON CLERIC BERETTA, so i throw the P-modded pistol out and go "welp, i'm probably not going to need this second speedloader, but i'm still happy with this." and toss the 2nd speedloader in the backpack.  It also gives me another ammo chain just incase i run out of ammo, awww how uncharacteristically nice of the game!  So i blast my way through the armoury and get to the gun room and find.... THE TRIGUN!!!

I think the game is saying "don't leave me again, i can give you all the good things in life!"  so i beat the shambler, make fireproof read, and now have 2 rockin unique pistols!
the next floor, the first thing I find... AN AGILITY MOD!

"hey look, i know you wasted that agility mod on your pistol earlier, here have a second one so you can make your tactical boots as well!"
A couple more feet and then green boots... i wonder what they are.... ENVIRO-BOOTS!!!

"look, i know those tactical boots might not be so good if you need to cross lava, and i know all these large med-packs and ammochains and supercharges made you throw out enviosuits, so here, have some boots for when you need to cross lava"
AWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I havn't won/died yet (died is if i get unique armor and decide to take on the mortuary like a crazy person), should probably go to bed, but this is amazingly nice of the game.... what do you thing guys, should i say yes? :-P

I thought for sure i had another turn to hit him, but now i know if you are fast enough you can force him to chain fire into a giant circle..... guess i should have used that lava orb for finishing him off though...

I JUST REALISED I COULD HAVE LAVA-ORBED, TRIGUN NUKED, HOMING PHASE, STEP DOWN, NUKE AGAIN!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 12:03 by Game Hunter »

ih8regin

• Captain
  • You dodge! The Cyberdemon dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Kornel, I Think Your Game is Trying to Propose to Me.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:07 »

mortuary with pistols? only if invulnerable to AA/nuke IMO, don't spoil the fun with greed.
0.9.9.6: Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant, wins 3|5|3|2|0, badges [22|17|7|1|0]
0.9.9.7: badges [21|17|17|10|1|wow,1], quest: UV each challenge (9/16)

Matt_S

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

I'd go ahead and do the Mortuary.  I had a fun time doing it in AoMr back in 0.9.9.5.  Granted, I was a Sharpshooter with antigrav boots and a tricked out pistol, but I think you can pull it off with those uniques, assuming you're going for Gun Kata.

IronBeer

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
  • Carry on, citizen.
    • View Profile

Agreeing with Matt_S. It looks like you're already going for Gun Kata; finish that Master off! MGK is impossibly bananas-awesome with unique pistols. I've had the good fortune to have a run like yours before, a Marksman build as well. Anti-Freak Jackal + GCB + MGK = everything dies at stupid speed. Just be sure to stock up on ammo, but I doubt that'll be a problem.
0.9.9.7 Mancubus 1st Lieutenant
[19/12/5/1/0]

Gamer-man

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

yes, ammo shouldn't be a problem, i have 6 ammo chains, or maybe i dropped one.... but i was worried about the new spidermastermind since everyone was saying it was so hard... so the game gave me an energy shielded vest

ih8regin

• Captain
  • You dodge! The Cyberdemon dies.
    • View Profile

and a YASD in the end? How? Please post mortem.
0.9.9.6: Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant, wins 3|5|3|2|0, badges [22|17|7|1|0]
0.9.9.7: badges [21|17|17|10|1|wow,1], quest: UV each challenge (9/16)
Pages: [1]