Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 21:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.6G Windows] Sergeant doesn't teleport when knocked back  (Read 2240 times)

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile

I took this screenshot one turn later, so the sergeant is already dead, but what happened was that he was standing next to the teleporter, I shot him with shotgun, which pushed him back onto the teleporter, but even though he survived that shot (blue armour), he kept standing on the TP and shooting back. Or would have if I didn't kill him with another shot.

Now that I think of it, maybe it's simply that he didn't have the time to teleport, since I was playing shottyhead and TP takes 1 sec... if that's the case... problem solved. =)
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile

Now that I think of it, maybe it's simply that he didn't have the time to teleport, since I was playing shottyhead and TP takes 1 sec... if that's the case... problem solved. =)
Imho, it would look better and be more doomish if teleporters worked instantly (or almost instantly).

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile

Well, in Original Doom the teleport is instant, BUT! when you actually arrive to the destination, you cant move for a sec or two. Altho, if implemented in Doom RL this would make those "randomly generated teleporters" even worse than levers(oh god teleports in a middle of a arachnotron group and freezes you)
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

Well, in Original Doom the teleport is instant, BUT! when you actually arrive to the destination, you cant move for a sec or two.

I don't recall that at all.

ih8regin

• Major
  • You dodge! The Cyberdemon dies.
    • View Profile

BTW, there is a minor "bug" with teleport sound, if you step on a teleporter and end up far from it, you don't hear the sound, but if you end up somewhere nearby, the sound is heard. I think it's because the teleport sound is played as if coming from the teleporter point, and not from the destination. Perhaps it'll be better to play both at source and destination of teleport?
0.9.9.6: Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant, wins 3|5|3|2|0, badges [22|17|7|1|0]
0.9.9.7: badges [21|17|17|10|1|wow,1], quest: UV each challenge (9/16)

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

This reminds me - if you have dodgemaster (or are lucky) and teleport in view of enemies who fire at you once you emerge, they will attack the teleporter source (your last location) which looks very wrong.

If the enemy in question was chainfiring and you teleported on the other side of him, it would probably look even weirder, with him spraying 180 degrees around him.

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile

Play deathmatche more. The teleporter freezup is a sure death if someone happens to camp the destination with a SSG.
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR
Pages: [1]