Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 05:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.6G Windows] Lost AoMr Badges  (Read 1848 times)

Cotonou

• Gold Supporter
  • Elder
  • Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.6G Windows] Lost AoMr Badges
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:46 »

Awhile ago I completed AoMr on Nightmare to receive the Marksman Diamond Badge. 

Today I completed Ao100 on Nightmare to receive the Centurial Diamond Badge... but notice that my Marksman Diamond is now missing, as well as the Silver, Gold, and Platinum.  The Bronze Badge is still credited, and on the Player Info (Challenges) page it still shows I have one standard win on AoMr Nightmare.

I've restarted the game seeing if it will read the wad file better, but it does not.  I am very sad.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: [0.9.9.6G Windows] Lost AoMr Badges
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:48 »

...my Marksman Diamond is now missing, as well as the Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
I looked at your Marksman Diamond mortem and it didn't have a Platinum, although I'm guessing you didn't actually get the Platinum since it requires 100% (and N! YAAMs are exceedingly rare). The best I can figure is that, for whatever reason, you lost your badge data for that particular run. That you also didn't lose your challenge data is confusing, since that's stored in the same file (while I might expect the game to still possibly exist on the hall of fame, since it's stored seperately): unfortunately there's no way to retrieve that information if it's not in the file.

And, unfortunately for us, there's really nothing to go on regarding reproducibility and therefore any feasible attempt at fixing it. Did your computer crash at all between times playing? Did you exit DoomRL in an unconventional manner (such as closing the program from the Windows Task Manager) after acquiring the badges? Anything out of the ordinary could help explain this unusual phenomenon.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Cotonou

• Gold Supporter
  • Elder
  • Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 13:32 »

Nope, I play on Nightmare exclusively now, so DoomRL doesn't get exited at all.  You're right about the Platinum -- I guess I just assumed I had it.  I also have no idea what actually triggered this bug... I only noticed when I looked at my scoreboard after getting Centurial Diamond.

Cotonou

• Gold Supporter
  • Elder
  • Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 13:55 »

And yes, the game still shows up in the Hall of Fame.
Pages: [1]