Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 05:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Classes, builds & difficulty?  (Read 12574 times)

2DeviationsOut

Re: Classes, builds & difficulty?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 06:29 »

For AoMr, I usually use Sharpshooter so that the damage is really consistent, and I can immediately go for Int after Sharpshooter. Mostly, when I have those 3 levels of EE I can radar-shoot a lot. However, the same basic strategy of massive offense applies. If you look at my UV AoHu pistols/no SoG/max 1 mod game, I still held to the same basic archetype of damage and avoidance. In that game, I used Int->Int->SoB->SoB->TH->MCe->SoB->Fin->Fin->WK->WK->SoB->SoB->Fin->HR.

I won't pretend that using a offense build makes things particularly easy if you can't reliably avoid damage, but it does help a lot on the harder challenges where you're not going to be able to block/dodge all the attacks coming at you anyway. For example, on AoHu you get a default 10HP. Then, you have to ask yourself what will save you more damage coming in - killing enemies a turn faster or having an extra 2 hp from a level of Ironman.

Overall, I'd say that offense is your best defense, along with move/firespeed. 

ih8regin

• Major
  • You dodge! The Cyberdemon dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Classes, builds & difficulty?
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 06:42 »

seems that it's more of "Speed is King" here, at least for me, if I can back off a mancubus before he shoots me, I'm somewhat safe. For this reason I play MCe mostly lately, but it seems that I really need a bit of EE even for that build, otherwise they cross the distance and return fire.
0.9.9.6: Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant, wins 3|5|3|2|0, badges [22|17|7|1|0]
0.9.9.7: badges [21|17|17|10|1|wow,1], quest: UV each challenge (9/16)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All