Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 23:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [N!|93%|YaVp] Dragonslayer + Berserker Armor + partial recording  (Read 11615 times)

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon

Or use some unapriopriate builds, like Gun Kata / Cateye for melee :D
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike

@Game Hunter: is there any ETA on 0.9.9.7, tentative or otherwise? Can't wait to see the revamped achievement system!
I'm still waiting for Kornel to either return from or finish resting up after the GDC (Game Developer's Conference), and haven't wanted to work on any significant changes until I can pitch the idea to him for a shot at prototyping it. This is to say that we might not do anything like that (hence "with any luck").

I'm still going to be around, you won't get rid of me that easily.
Good to hear! I'm hoping that enough changes will be included in the next release to keep even the most experience players occupied with plenty to do, conducts aside.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile

What about releasing version with bugfixes only?

Uranium

• Greater Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Heavier Than A Death In The Family
    • View Profile

AoB N! without Brute? :3
Use power for power.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

I'm reasonably worried that, if 2Dev manages to finish up collecting the badges and medals, he will disappear suddenly and we will never see him again, just like every other good player that's come before him. (Not that anyone's ever gotten ALL of them, but it's related to that.) With any luck, 0.9.9.7 will have a lot more "to do" for a collector, and it'd be a shame if he left before that happened.

I doubt that the good players of the past left because they ran out of things to do in the game.  Sometimes, real life just takes precedence over gaming.  DoomRL is a great game, a very fun and addictive game, and I heartily commend Kornel for his work, but in the end, it's just a game.  Diversions like this come and go and it doesn't indicate any fault in the game or in the people playing it if those people decide to find something else to do.  And no game, no matter how good, can take more importance than, say, having a source of income and having social interactions with family and friends.

Speaking for myself, my periods of playing the game correspond most heavily with periods when I was most depressed.  I first discovered the game in late 2010 after losing my job, then stopped in April 2011 when significant positive developments occurred in my social life, then started again in late July 2011, when everything went wrong again.  DoomRL helps fill a void in my life by distracting me from my real life problems, so I guess you could say it's some weird form of therapy.  :)  (Although, it's probably not the "healthiest" coping mechanism out there)  My point is that the period when I stopped had nothing to do with the game itself and if I stop playing again, it probably won't have anything to do with the game then either.  I can't speak for 2Deviationsout in terms of what motivates him, but I'm guessing that, as he said, he won't stop playing just because he gets all the medals.  There will always be another seemingly unbeatable goal out there...  even if it's Angel of Pacifism Conqueror.  :P

Erm...  sorry for filling this thread with philosophical ramblings about gaming.  I'll try to karmatically balance this post by donating.  Now that I have a source of income again, it's about time!  :D
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania

Melee Cateye might be doable if you're not interested in killing monsters beyond what you need for Cateye.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon

Melee Cateye might be doable if you're not interested in killing monsters beyond what you need for Cateye.
But I'm talking about 100% kills :D N! AoHu 100% melee Cateye! ;p
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze
Pages: 1 [2]  All