Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 16:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Ideas to make DoomRL even faster and furious'er  (Read 35296 times)

Uranium

• Greater Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Heavier Than A Death In The Family
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas to make DoomRL even faster and furious'er
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2012, 16:38 »

Really? Pretty sure I've lost a few to barrels in the past. But that would mean that there was no unique in that level, which would indicate a bug in the program. Or that it was an armor and the possibility that a former would drop it into lava on death was overlooked.
You mean exotics that are being destroyed? Uniques have a green aura and can't be destroyed by any means, exotics can be destroyed like any other item.
Use power for power.

Napsterbater

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2012, 16:40 »

If the "you feel there's something really valuable here" message is displayed, that means a unique. But I'm not sure if I've ever actually lost a unique to a barrel before, I was just pretty sure I had. I think next time I find the Anti-Freak Jackal in a MMB game, I'll see what a barrel does to it.

Creepy

• First Sergeant
  • Duelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2012, 17:57 »

Uniques can't be destroyed by lava, barrels, or anything else. I like to spite the RNG by throwing valuable-but-useless equipment into lava, and those are the only things that refuse to melt.

Exotics melt just fine though, as many a discarded BFG can attest to.
Formerly Hell Knight Warrant Officer [16|7|5|1|0]
Currently Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant [18|10|3|0|0]
Current Goal: ???

Ashannar

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Shottyhead Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2012, 03:46 »

Speaking of what certain objects do in fluids, has anyone noticed that if you drop an envirosuit in acid, it turns to water? I might be wrong, but I could have sworn I've done that before. You can even do it without walking in it if you place a bunch of junk items around.
Hell Baron Major (0.9.9.7) 22 18 12 1 0 0

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2012, 05:25 »

^ I'll have to try that.

As for Uniques, they are *mostly* indestructible.  Dropping them in lava won't destroy them.  Neither will nuking them, blowing up a barrel near them, or firing a rocket at them.  But you *can* destroy unique armour by gibbing a Former who is wearing it.  So, you still have to be careful about blowing up barrels if there are Formers are around.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

shark20061

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2012, 09:24 »

Speaking of what certain objects do in fluids, has anyone noticed that if you drop an envirosuit in acid, it turns to water? I might be wrong, but I could have sworn I've done that before. You can even do it without walking in it if you place a bunch of junk items around.

No, it doesn't do that.  Besides, that would be incredibly useless.  Also, Environmental Packs have the same rarity as Homing Phases, so I wouldn't want to waste them like that anyway even if it filled an entire pool.
Hell Knight Warrant Officer (0.9.9.4)  [26!/8/3/1/0]

Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant (0.9.9.6)  [22/12/3/0/0]
M:16 S:43 (126) A:17

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2012, 14:40 »

Barrel levels are only annoying to me when there's also "something really valuable here." If not I feel no qualms about blowing up every barrel from afar.
Then thank RNG for sending you tons of Env Suits :P . Blowing up every Napalm Barrel in the level can make it quite impassable.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]