Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 17:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Option to stop auto-run when enemies are sensed by intuition/tracking data  (Read 2218 times)

Matt_S

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Following this discussion I decided to go ahead and request this feature.  I hate auto-running across a room when I have Int2, yet not stopping until the enemies are actually seen (and when they actually see me).  It should probably be a config option, because it could be unwanted for enemies across a wall to stop auto-running.

It would also be nice to stop auto-running when enemies seen by tracking data are really close.  It's a little fuzzier to determine when to stop because the range of tracking data is the entire map, but I'd say "when the enemy would be seen from the destination square" would be a decent condition for stopping.

Oh, something else: it would also be nice for auto-running to stop when you see a door open since that most likely indicates danger.

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile

Adding on to this:

Maybe something like an effective +2 sight radius for people with intuition - 'effective' but not actual, meaning simply that the game 'pretends' you can see an enemy one-two squares away from being in LOS, but will ignore an enemy two squares away with a good, solid wall between you.

Same effect, but simply +1 radius for tracking maps.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Ashannar

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Shottyhead Aficionado
    • View Profile

Sort of (but not really) related: it'd be nice if there were some indication as to whether an enemy can see the player or not if the player has some combination of cateye and light amplification goggles.
Hell Baron Major (0.9.9.7) 22 18 12 1 0 0

spacedust

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
  • Ha-haa!
    • View Profile

I very much second Matt_S's suggestion on taking intuition into account when waiting. I am pretty addicted to sniping enemies from behind pillars, and sometimes it just gets really tiring poking the . until the final * appears.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile

Sort of (but not really) related: it'd be nice if there were some indication as to whether an enemy can see the player or not if the player has some combination of cateye and light amplification goggles.
"You sense eyes watching you."
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: [1]