Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 16:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [U|AoCn|YAAM] Daredevil Platinum  (Read 3157 times)

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
[U|AoCn|YAAM] Daredevil Platinum
« on: April 09, 2012, 18:40 »

This was one hell of a pain for me. Hard to start with, it was a matter of luck not to start in arachno caves / near Mancubi packs / on arena. Once I managed to clear one Caco cave, only to stumble into another cave. Ehh...
I figured out that 100% kill rate makes it much more harder than usual rushes that people prefer for AoCn or AoOC.

Ammo was constant problem, as the best starting weapon (good, trusty Shotgun) was eating shells like mad. Levels without former sergeants were dooming me to use useless chaingun...

I was playing with builds: MAc and Shottyhead. At first I had less successes with Marines, but later I failed with few perfectly good Scouts. It was either classic R&V combo, or the new City of Skulls that got me.
Finally few problems with ammo (which led to a death of few really good chars) made me switch back to Marines.
I learned my lesson and finally developed good tactics for killing Agony Elemental with ammochain guy (it is not that trivial to kill bastard without destroying skulls and not dying). Apparently, basic shotgun is not that bad =) .

Only problem I had later was one level when two invisible mancubi blasted walls and me behind. Viles followed with them and I had to make a perfect use of homing device.

Killing Cybie by overloading Nuclear Plasma is not killing him without taking damage, game says. Am I the only person that is getting annoyed with the bugs / illogical features? >.>

Oh, and I learned that nightmare monsters can appear on UV normal (non 100-levels one) game. I did not know that. Feature?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 18:49 by skarczew »

Matt_S

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [U|AoCn|YAAM] Daredevil Platinum
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 18:48 »

Oh, and I learned that nightmare monsters can appear on UV normal (non 100-levels one) game. I did not know that. Feature?
I think for single enemy type caves, there's a chance for it to be a nightmare enemy cave even outside of Nightmare!

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 18:50 »

Nah, it was typical "green field with cottages around" level.
Check out attachement.

Matt_S

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 18:55 »

No idea then :|

Edit: oh, the wiki says vaults can sometimes have nightmare enemies.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 18:59 by Matt_S »

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:07 »

No idea then :|

Edit: oh, the wiki says vaults can sometimes have nightmare enemies.
It could be that, the building on the left had a vault.

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:01 »

I can confirm this - I just had a vaultful of nightmare demons on a UV run.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12 »

Killing Cybie by overloading Nuclear Plasma is not killing him without taking damage, game says. Am I the only person that is getting annoyed with the bugs / illogical features? >.>
It's the same with nuking certain special levels - it does not count them as completed.No cheese.
Also it would be quite useless if anyone going for full win would automatically get one more medal.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50 »

It's the same with nuking certain special levels - it does not count them as completed.No cheese.
Also it would be quite useless if anyone going for full win would automatically get one more medal.
Well, nukes are not free - you have to rely on luck, or get one from Spider's Lair or Mortuary.
Moreover, nuking Cybie does not make you closer to full win in any way. I would even say it is the other way.
Pages: [1]