Chaosforge Forum

• May 30, 2017, 06:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: The Inferno Module  (Read 25610 times)

Tormuse

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • I am the very model of a Chaos Major General
    • View Profile
Re: The Inferno Module
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2017, 18:48 »

There's two possible things that could be wrong here. One: I'm being too mean, and players should gain more levels overall, or more levels early on, or whatever compared to what I've listed in these tables. (It sounds like this is probably true...) Two: Experience values could be falling short of these expected benchmarks.

It's hard to say what "should" be.  As it is, it's a very tough game, but then, if I want something easier, I can play at an easier difficulty level.  :)  I'm currently trying to record another (non-melee) game at UV and I'll probably skip Blood Temple this time and forget about getting Conqueror.  In its current form, I don't think it's possible to get Conqueror in this game without a melee build; hitting Blood Temple at character level 3 means you just barely have enough time to get Berserker trait.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 18:49 by Tormuse »
Apostle Chaos Mjr. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/25/21/16/7]

Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DoomRL!  :)

Tormuse

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • I am the very model of a Chaos Major General
    • View Profile
Re: The Inferno Module
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2017, 15:19 »

Here's the mortem for my latest, most successful non-melee UV game.  (Video available by request; it's a little less than two hours)

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)

If I'd used that last med pack at the end, I would have had a chance, but it was my last one in a game where med packs were always in short supply so I did a badly timed reload instead.  Oh well...

I'm curious about something:  On one of the levels, I had the level feeling, "You feel jumpy," and I thought that meant that I was about to start randomly teleporting, since I remembered that someone said something about teleportitis earlier in this thread, but nothing actually happened.  Was I supposed to start teleporting?  Is that a feature you got rid of?

Another level feeling I got:  "Hungry eyes peer at you from the darkness."  Never figured out what that meant either, mind you that's the level I died on, so maybe I just didn't get the chance to find out.
Apostle Chaos Mjr. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/25/21/16/7]

Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DoomRL!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]