Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 03:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [M|91%|19|YASD] My first Gun Kata / Bullets PLZKTHX  (Read 9821 times)

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: [M|91%|19|YASD] My first Gun Kata / Bullets PLZKTHX
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 04:51 »

With SoG3 you deal 6*(2d4+3) = 48 damage over 2.4s(20 DPS) then you have to reload/swap to prepared pistol.
With SoG2 and DG you deal 2*3*(2d4+2) = 42 damage over 2.16s(19.44 DPS) and you can continue firing.
So while DPS with DG is lower you can deal more damage before reloading and that often means that you don't need to reload mid-fight.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 06:53 »

So while DPS with DG is lower you can deal more damage before reloading and that often means that you don't need to reload mid-fight.

Yeah, but when you do have to reload, you are screwed.

Besides, with SoG and no DG, you'll either have a second pistol prepared, or an ammo box, which takes care of the reloading problems.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 07:02 »

Nope, you're not screwed because you just killed your enemy and you have all the time in the world.And it's smart to fight them one by one not one-vs-all.
And i assume we are talking about what's best on char lvl3.

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 07:15 »

Tell that to the RNG =)

In any case, my point is that if you shoot your 6 bullets, swap to a secondary pistol and shoot 6 more, you'll (probably, again I am too lazy to do the math) have more DPS than wehn dualgunning. Since you're likely to be level 3 in the Arena, this is helpful for those times when you are ambushed by more than one lost souls/demon and can't retreat it time.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 07:39 »

If you swap to secondary pistol your DPS over 12 bullets is 12*8/5.6 = 17.14, which is lower than 19.44 with DG.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 08:06 »

I have never done math about it, but my gameplay experience / feeling matches AlterAsc's calculations - DG instead of SoG (as a third trait) increases your relative DPS, as you do not have to switch / reload the gun.

eharper256

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:15 »

I noticed you frequently on DCSS Tavern forum - so a warm welcome to you, fellow Crawler, and good luck to you :).
Aye, you probably have, I was the insane one that collated a huge stack of data about crawl into an Excel spreadsheet. :D

Speaking of which, I probably should update that sheet. Alot of the vets pointed out niggling little errors and typos I need to fix still.

As for DG vs. SoG at Level 3, I noticed the difference seemed pretty high in DG's favour, since I did a SoG single pistol build just before this one. (never got to Sharpshooter with that, mind you, died at the Anomaly since I didn't have a Phase Device). SoG 3 was okay on this build as I had for 5th level, but I'm not sure if it was worth it, would have preferred Gun Kata a level sooner, to be honest.
Cacodemon Sergeant [11/2/0/0/0]
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

http://detarame.wordpress.com/ <-- My Games, Anime & Random Blog

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 10:30 »

As for the Arena Master, the strategy I usually use is to wait for him to come close to the central structure, and then grab the Chainsaw and charge him with it.  (grab one of the Berserk packs too if you feel like you need the extra duration)  You'll most likely get blasted once, but after that, he'll be restricted to his melee attack which isn't very strong.  Personally, I don't usually have much trouble defeating him this way.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 14:08 »

As for the Arena Master, the strategy I usually use is to wait for him to come close to the central structure, and then grab the Chainsaw and charge him with it.  (grab one of the Berserk packs too if you feel like you need the extra duration)  You'll most likely get blasted once, but after that, he'll be restricted to his melee attack which isn't very strong.  Personally, I don't usually have much trouble defeating him this way.
Strategy is fine, just remember you can't attack with Chainsaw on some challenges (like AoMr) :P .

eharper256

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 16:28 »

Actually, this helped a bit. I killed Arena Master for the first time today by just berserk charging him. Of course, said character then died to Hell Knights bum-rushing him on the Wall later, but oh well...

I think the problem I was having before was that I was trying to win a shoot off against him, which frankly is a bit foolish since he has smite targeting and I don't. Lulz.
Cacodemon Sergeant [11/2/0/0/0]
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

http://detarame.wordpress.com/ <-- My Games, Anime & Random Blog
Pages: 1 [2]  All