Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [N!|AoMs|100%|YaUW] Damageless 100% Conqueror, Apostle Insignia  (Read 10613 times)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

if this was his first run, he couldn't play on Nightmare! ;)

Yes he could. TwoDev is the new Chuck Norris.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Welp. It's over, 2dev beat us, we can all go home. No more reason to keep trying.

=P

I know you're joking, but I'm gonna say anyway that I don't think you can judge your performance based on someone else's; you have to play by your own standards.  If I had given up simply because "other players are better," I never would have achieved my first Diamond.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Creepy

• First Sergeant
  • Duelist
    • View Profile

I know you're joking, but I'm gonna say anyway that I don't think you can judge your performance based on someone else's; you have to play by your own standards.  If I had given up simply because "other players are better," I never would have achieved my first Diamond.

Of course I'm joking. What kind of spaz would stop playing a single-player game because someone else is better at it? XD
Formerly Hell Knight Warrant Officer [16|7|5|1|0]
Currently Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant [18|10|3|0|0]
Current Goal: ???

Creaphis

• Backer
  • First Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Well, I'm the kind of guy who reads guides on Minesweeper just to see how the experts keep their times down. I don't expect to ever play like 2dev (who's actually at least 4 deviations above average by my reckoning) but I'm still interested in knowing how he does it.

@2dev:

You took an extra level of badass after MVm and lots of levels of TaN. Wouldn't these be useless if the goal is to take no damage at all, or is there something I'm missing here? Does berserker armor allow you to "shrug off" grazing attacks like the survivalist skill? Does the game consider you to not have taken damage if you end the turn with more HP than you started with (thanks to MVm)?

Also, what's your control scheme? When I try to play faster, I find that mouse control is useful as the character automatically moves until an enemy comes in view. (If I'm quickly tapping a direction key on the keyboard I might hit it a few too many times and suffer damage.) However, moving automatically means you don't get much time to think about sound cues. It seems to me that the "ideal" method of play would be to stick to the keyboard and to give yourself time to react to sound cues and enemies coming into view, but this must be too slow a method to finish a game like this in an hour. Is this what you do? Are your reflexes just that good?

Zero Gravitas

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

The only explanation I can think of is that 2Deviations is some sort of robot solely designed to annihilate DoomRL.
Hell Baron Colonel
24/19/15/5/0

2DeviationsOut

You took an extra level of badass after MVm and lots of levels of TaN. Wouldn't these be useless if the goal is to take no damage at all, or is there something I'm missing here? Does berserker armor allow you to "shrug off" grazing attacks like the survivalist skill? Does the game consider you to not have taken damage if you end the turn with more HP than you started with (thanks to MVm)?

Nah, I was just kinda messing around and taking useless traits.

As far as my control scheme goes, my trick is using the console so I can see everything at once and get the most information the fastest, and I also use a mechanical keyboard so I can "bounce" the keys and hover right over the actuation point so I have a really fast typing speed. I also have a fully-reprogrammable keyboard, so I set up the keys so that I automatically run, and I only move normally if I'm holding the Shift key.

I also have quite good reflexes. My main other game that I play is Counter Strike Source, so I've worked on my reflexes a lot.

Pages: 1 [2]  All