Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some issues/questions, please.  (Read 6471 times)

Mushuukyou

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Some issues/questions, please.
« on: April 27, 2012, 21:57 »

I've had the game quit on me unexpectedly... I don't think there was an error log, but there is a log.txt in my directory.

Will there be 1h or 2h on the weapons eventually?  I thought a "small axe" would be 1h, but apparently not...
Will there be a way to make the graphics/window bigger?  Having it all in that tiny DOS window is a huge beating on my eyes, since I'm on a 28" monitor...

Also, if you open the inventory window first, and then the stats page.. you can't manipulate the inventory window.. you have to open stats first.
Could you make a save feature where it doesn't eject you from the game in order to save?

I just went back to my game, it quit on me.. and my save game file was gone.
Awesome!

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Some issues/questions, please.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:26 »

I've had the game quit on me unexpectedly... I don't think there was an error log, but there is a log.txt in my directory.
A new more stable version will appear during the next few months so stay tuned!

Will there be 1h or 2h on the weapons eventually?  I thought a "small axe" would be 1h, but apparently not...
They aren't? Will have to double check on that.

Will there be a way to make the graphics/window bigger?  Having it all in that tiny DOS window is a huge beating on my eyes, since I'm on a 28" monitor...
DiabloRL will have support for the pseudo-console. I'm unsure whether the amount of characters on screen will increase, but the size will. BTW, you can right-click on the window title-bar and choose a bigger font in the mean time!

Also, if you open the inventory window first, and then the stats page.. you can't manipulate the inventory window.. you have to open stats first.
That will be fixed.

Could you make a save feature where it doesn't eject you from the game in order to save?
No, it's permadeath after all :P.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Mushuukyou

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:03 »

Ok, thank you for answering all my questions.
I had forgotten I can resize the DOS screen.. stupid me. :)

What about the part where I went back to my game, and it quit and my save game was gone?
Is that a known bug?

Also, is there a stash? I'm not finding it. :(

Oh.. and when people talk about stuff for quests, is there a way to fast forward through it?  I don't want to wait forever for the text to come up and finish, and hitting ESC or whatever just makes it all go away.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:04 by Mushuukyou »

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:08 »

Also, is there a stash? I'm not finding it. :(
Diablo never had a stash, and I don't really see a reason for it either. You can just drop items on the ground and they'll sit there until the game ends. (Diablo II needed a stash because the game wasn't static.)
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Mushuukyou

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 14:59 »

Ok, makes sense.
I had some other questions and comments above I hope someone addresses.

Also, I've noticed that most things I find which are magical, starting off up to lvl 4 of the dungeon at least, always tend to be negative more than positive.
Planned?
It's rare I'm finding something magical that is actually positive instead of taking away only.

Will there be a way to make monsters respawn, like you could in D2?  Or... uh.. did they not respawn in D1? :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 17:10 by Mushuukyou »

Mushuukyou

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 15:20 »

Oh man.. I finished it just by going to lvl 5. :(  *sniff*

I need the full release!@!#!#!@!!
THIS WAS SUCH A TEASE!!
HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 20:35 by Mushuukyou »

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 11:17 »

Will there be a way to make monsters respawn, like you could in D2?  Or... uh.. did they not respawn in D1? :)
Like I said (or rather implied), the first Diablo used a static PCG map: while generation makes the layout randomized from game to game, everything remains the same in a particular game. This is pretty typical of roguelikes in general, or at least those that follow the Hack style. On the other hand, you could also "restart" your game in the original Diablo while maintaining the same character, allowing you to beef yourself up for harder places. I doubt DiabloRL will include this, since it will likely stick to its Rogue-like roots as much as possible.

Oh man.. I finished it just by going to lvl 5. :(  *sniff*
At one point the devs fixed the sound version and posted a release, which you can find here. To my surprise, this also came with the Catacombs, which covers floors 5-8. There are still a number of unfixed bugs sitting in that version but it's got a good amount of extra content when compared to the latest public release.

I don't think the entire game will be completed for a while, yet. Pretty sure there's also plans to mesh in Hellfire content, which sounds like a cool plan to me.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Mushuukyou

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 22:48 »

Well this game is awesome, and would be even MORE awesome if it could be slapped onto my Galaxy Note once completed!

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 03:08 »

Oooh, Diablo HellfireRL.

Also, small axes are axes, and thus 2h in Diablo. Think of them like the dagger of axes.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Tavana

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 04:10 »

The speed of quest text cannot be fast forwarded at the moment, but will be addressed.

As to the magical items, that has to do with what pre- and suf- -fixes are currently in the code. Some of the good ones in the code cannot generate yet, due to the depth of the dungeon so far. Also, I seem to recall that there are more negative low level items in Diablo's code base. Just for reference.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

you

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • First Sergeant
  • I am You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 02:50 »

A new more stable version will appear during the next few months so stay tuned!
They aren't? Will have to double check on that.
Axe = 2hands. No exceptions.
That will be fixed.
It was intended so you can close char window and play with inventory opened. Feature, not bug.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:51 by you »
Pages: [1]