Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.6G Win] Messed up wall tiles in some maps  (Read 2938 times)

57E

• Backer
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.6G Win] Messed up wall tiles in some maps
« on: April 28, 2012, 13:47 »

Some walls use wrong tiles on certain maps (or perhaps just on certain wall combinations).

Happens atleast on here (Phobos Lev6) and on Phobos Anomaly near the map's bottom.

Probably known bug, but thought I should post this just in case that there is something wrong in my system and everyone else sees the wall tiles fine.

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.6G Win] Messed up wall tiles in some maps
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 16:38 »

I believe this issue affects everybody.  It is known, although I'm not sure if we have an official bug report it other than this.

eharper256

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 05:23 »

Yeah, I think everyone has this, myself included. Just wanted to add that it nearly always occurs on "Cave" type levels like the one in the screenshot (due to the way they're generated?); its much less likely in the typical corridor and room layout, though I have seen that once as well.
Cacodemon Sergeant [11/2/0/0/0]
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

http://detarame.wordpress.com/ <-- My Games, Anime & Random Blog

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:31 »

I think that the graphics tiled version might require a pass through the generated map to account from the type of neighbours they have in order to decide on the "best" tile for use.  I think this is already being done, but in a not-so-elegant way (see also interactions of acid and water tiles).
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: [1]