Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 00:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Placement of Hell's Arena Entrance  (Read 8159 times)

shark20061

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Placement of Hell's Arena Entrance
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39 »

So, the Wall is getting a major revamp in 0.9.9.7?
Will it now be somewhat survivable for AoSh, AoB, and AoMr?
I don't think survivable is what's being fixed here, I believe the fix is for doable.

Oh, and the whole reason I die in Angel of Berserk is because of Hell's Arena.
What exactly kills me is the demons.
Their attack damage is just too ridiculous to fend off with an unmodded combat knife and a green armor (HNTR).
Green Armor?  You do know you start equipped with a Blue armor in AoB, regardless of difficulty?

Their speed is also of issue, because you don't exactly jump at Hellrunner in a melee game, you go Brute-->Brute-->Berserker--->Brute or Hellrunner-->Hellrunner-->Hellrunner if you didn't get it already twice-->Blademaster (I'm trying to do a Scout run right now)-->whateverthehellyouwanttowasteyourexperienceonbecauseyouarealreadyprettymuchimortalagainstthesmallerenemies
That's where running comes in, the demons are less likely to hit you while you are using the running tactic.  Although I will admit that you probably don't have enough med-packs to manage the number of enemies in the arena by using running on all of them, especially on the higher difficulties.  Also, you can try throwing your knife (or knives).

Could you either:
increase the chance of a bulk/power mod showing up on Lvl2 for AoB or:
somehow nerfing the waves on Hell's Arena *by only a little* so it is more survivable on AoB?
Two things:
(1) Bulk and Power Mods don't appear on Lvl 2 outside of a vault, so the chances of getting one are almost non-existent anyway.
(2) Arena is a Special Level, and isn't required to be completed.
Hell Knight Warrant Officer (0.9.9.4)  [26!/8/3/1/0]

Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant (0.9.9.6)  [22/12/3/0/0]
M:16 S:43 (126) A:17

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 13:12 »

Ah, c'mon, don't complain.

The bot known as 2Dev is doing it without any damage inflicted.

Matt_S

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 18:23 »

Oh, and the whole reason I die in Angel of Berserk is because of Hell's Arena.
What exactly kills me is the demons.
Their speed is also of issue, because you don't exactly jump at Hellrunner in a melee game
I actually tried Brute -> Hellrunner -> Hellrunner a couple of times for the Arena, and I spent my time circling pillars and throwing knives, rarely hitting anything.  Cacodemons had a bad habit of showing up when I was dealing with something else, and they also weren't very good at following me all the way around the pillar.  I would not recommend it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All