Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Just another items from original DooM  (Read 14941 times)

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
Just another items from original DooM
« on: December 23, 2006, 07:13 »

Maybe add some more items from original DooM?

1)Megasphere - sets your health to 200%, and if you don't have AA, then removes your armor with red armor 100%. If you have AA, then it repairs it fully. Less chance of appearance than supercharge have.

2)Invisibility globe - you must be in radius of ((LoS of monster) / 2) to be noticed by this monster, and your chance to dodge increases to some value (dodgeChance * 1.5, for example).

3)Night vision goggles - increases your LoS * 1.5.

This items could make game a little bit easier on Nightmare!(tm))) and on lower difficulties to people, who just getting started with this game.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:58 by Blade »
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Just another items from original DooM
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 07:28 »

Sounds reasonable enough to me.
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 08:50 »

Same here.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 09:40 »

Except the first one tough, they'd all need to wait for the vision code rewrite ^_^
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Valkeera

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 09:45 »

I like especially the invisibility globe idea. Maybe invisibility could be implemented as a portable device, too?
Angel of Death 007

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 14:07 »

Agreed, those are really good idea. They surely would help make the game a tad easier.

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 04:03 »

I like all of them, but I'll change in the invisibilty globe to only give you a dodge bonus (maybe a bit higher to compensate, like x2) to make it even more similar to original Doom, where it didn't affect the chance of you being noticed. Also, stealth = heresy in the Doom universe.

Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

Derek

• Team Artist
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.derekyu.com
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 19:16 »

Sounds good!  I'm assuming night goggles would just work like a powerup, right?

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 07:20 »

Sounds good!  I'm assuming night goggles would just work like a powerup, right?
Yes, i supposed all this items as powerups. Can't imagine that balance of game will remain, when you can carry around goggles, that increases your LoS in 1.5 times. Or portable megasphere))

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 06:57 »

I just reminds everybody about this topic. Some new items won't hurt anyone.)) At least megasphere and invisibility globe(with only dodge bonus so it won't change chance of being noticed).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:45 by Blade »

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 13:00 »

great ideas! but how about the Megasphere sets whatever armor u have to 200%! then its not overly cheapass. and unlike health, armor doesnt drop. btw if u take off the armor, u lose the bonus and it drops to 100%. hehe, imagine wearing Angelic and getting a Megasphere! add some large medpacks and u could easily pistol cybie to oblivion without even trying. course, ud have to beat the Morturary, no mean feat, AND find a megasphere between then and cybie..... also maybe goggles can add +25% to hit while in effect. oh and its not LoS, (LoS is the line between targeter and targetee, its not a range. in fact u can have LoS to an enemie u cant see. doesnt mean ur gonna hit em) its Sight Range, it increases sight range. if u remember, the goggles lit up the screen in Doom, so it was MUCH easier to see enemies.

DisaffectedBeta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
goggles and invisibility
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 10:28 »

Another way to do the night vision goggles might be to let you see enemies like a filled up Intuition perk for a limited time.  I did say up in my own blob of suggestions that I miss the chemsuit.  Being able to walk over deadly stuff without frying was always nice, but that would probably have to be a carry to be any good, given that you may go a few levels without anything bad on the ground.

If the invisibilty would work as an increased dodge for the player, maybe you could have specters be like that, with an increased dodge percentage until they were in melee range or something.  They would be colored black so they'd be invisible unless you had an invincibility sphere, then you'd see them by contrast.  It would just increase the chance they get to bite you before you gun them down.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 15:46 »

umm the chemsuit would be good as a permanent powerup like the backpack. perhaps it reduces all lava/acid damage to 1, and with [4]+ boots to 0 (boots would still take damage, but u wouldnt be hurt till boots armor drops below 4)

umm perhaps spectres could also be seen with goggles. also spectres should be ignored by enemies, no matter what.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 05:55 »

How about adding second type of ammo packs that are generated across levels, like in original DooM. There were 2 types of packs for each ammo type: 5 bullets in clip, and 50 bullets in box, 8 shotgun shells in pack, and 25 shotgun shells in box, 1 lone rocket, and box of 5 rockets at once, 40 plasma cells in little battery, and 100 cells in big battery.

P.S. Chemsuit idea is nice. I almost forgot about that item.))

Moonlight

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 07:58 »

How about adding second type of ammo packs that are generated across levels, like in original DooM. There were 2 types of packs for each ammo type: 5 bullets in clip, and 50 bullets in box, 8 shotgun shells in pack, and 25 shotgun shells in box, 1 lone rocket, and box of 5 rockets at once, 40 plasma cells in little battery, and 100 cells in big battery.

Seconded.
Pages: [1] 2  All